The turnaround tale at this year’s IBC was all about 4K Ultra HD. While previous year’s themes at the Amsterdam conference had been heralding the onslaught of 4K, 2015 has marked its arrival in spades.
Samsung released the Galaxy A lineup earlier this as a showcase for all its metal devices, and we already have A3, A5, A7 and A8 out there. We thought that A8 would be the end of story. Now out comes the Galaxy A9 which was just leaked a couple of days ago.
So what are the characteristics of a digital workplace?
US company SkyHigh Networks has produced “The Definitive Guide to Cloud Security.” Comprehensive it certainly is. It's 43 pages list well over 100 “Key questions IT security should be able to answer related to …” various aspects of cloud or “key requirements for enabling secure…” access to various cloud services.
The rise of streaming TV and has produced a new breed of audience coined the ‘super viewer’ by researchers comScore. This new demographic is characterised as a highly-engaged, multi-platform consumer that craves specific content that appeals to their interests, hobbies or passions throughout the day, no matter the time or device.
The pace at which technology is changing is astronomical, and the adoption rate even more stunning. Consider the fact that the worlds data amounts are doubling, the number of devices connected to the internet has reached nearly 12 billion.
The Federal Government is expected to launch in February 2016 a database that will eventually contain information on every property in Australia, and much more, in standardised form and freely accessible.
Earlier this year, in a post titled Convergence? You ain't seen nothing yet, I commented on a press release from Frost & Sullivan that identified four types of convergence — products, technologies, industries and competition. I said: “The elephant in the room here is something not specifically mentioned: it is the Internet of Things, a growing area of IT that some industry figures are tipping to become a major future disrupter.”
Technology today has some new buzz words – Unified Communications (UC) and collaboration among them. These two can go very effectively hand-in-hand.
Technology and the growing obsession with ‘customer experience’ are combining to transform the contact centre. A new study makes an ambitious attempt to define the new role of the contact centre and set out what businesses can do to optimise the performance of their contact centres.
- LG Nexus 5X vs Motorola Moto X Style: 5.2-inch former champion against 5.7-inch pretender, both Marshmallow devices for $399
- Microsoft Lumia 950: 5.2-inch Quad HD stunning flagship with Windows 10 and 20MP Carl Zeiss camera
- Kagiso interactive shares: facebook gives Android a kick in the byte code
- ZTE Grand Xmax Plus: affordable 6-inch phablet for just $169
- Huawei Nexus 6P vs LG Nexus 5X: 2 of Google’s latest device with Android Marshmallow 6.0
- Motorola Moto X Style: 5.7-inch metal flagship with substance and style at a midrange price
- Fun with data analytics
- Web conferencing for small business
- Australia’s water mains showing their age
- Hybrid cloud high on CIOs' agendas
Page 1 of 197