In today’s digital world, software is indispensable to every organisation including Government departments, large corporations or small business. These organisations know that to maximise their software assets, they have to be properly managed, just like any other valuable asset. Poor software management can deprive an organisation of the full value of the productivity and efficiency of its software.
The old cliché “to do more with less” has become more relevant today. Fewer staff, reduced budget and more demanding users combine to deliver the IT Manger with an ever increasing business challenge. The solution, in part, is a focus on improving administrative tools and management systems, combined with partnering with specialist (niche) service providers – offering best of breed solutions in their market segment. The fine tuning of all aspects of IT support and the premise that the organisation only pays for what it uses is a major contributor to its operational efficiency.
Zallcom’s business is to assist organisations, both Government and Commercial, to get the most from their software. Zallcom is a reseller for more than 650 of the world’s leading software vendors and provides the following specialist services:
- Licensing advice for any vendor, big or small (try us we enjoy a challenge);
- Licence modelling and recommendations – ensuring our clients understand the vendors End User Licence Agreement and only pay for what is required;
- Software procurement (Zallcom will strive to source any software that our clients identify).
- Software auditing and compliance – vendor validation audits and internal capture of past purchasing history ensure that information is easily accessed and can be reported on with accuracy and minimal effort. Just because we did not sell the software does not mean we are not interested in managing these assets moving forward.
- Software asset registry development and ongoing management – we will create a single repository for all of a client’s software, irrespective or vendor or platform, providing a single portal for all reporting.
- Develop customer centric procurement processes to ensure any news orders are registered and that Zallcom are updated on patches and new releases (ensuring the register remains current).
- Software vendor management and liaison – ensuring clients are not serviced managed by vendors but at the same time achieve relevant and targeted technology updates.
- Software reporting – budget, maintenance notification, true-up preparation, By Vendor export to software inventory tool for utilization and deployment comparison, asset history audit trail, and customer specific fields such as asset numbers or user details.
- Software problem resolution – Zallcom will leverage our extensive vendor contact web to ensure that any registered issues are resolved in a