Do you lose some of your important Chrome browsing histories? How to find your deleted history in Google Chrome? This tutorial offers you effective methods to see and recover deleted history on Google Chrome with ease. Read and find out how to fix this problem.
Lost all important Chrome bookmarks after deleting? Are you still feel helpless and upset when you need to recover suddenly lost and deleted Google Chrome history files but don't know how to retrieve them ? Don't be panic. In this post I will offer you 8 ways to help you recover Google Chrome history files quickly and accurately. You can go back to visit some of the pages you need again and get important information.
Ways to Recover Google Chrome History Files Way 1: Go to Recycle Bin
Open Recycle Bin to check whether the deleted history files are stored here temporarily.
If YES, please select them and choose "Restore" from the context menu to recover deleted history Chrome. If NOT, you might have permanently deleted browsing history. Please continue with Way 2.
Way 2: Use Data Recovery Program
Having little or no experience in Google Chrome history recovery, many users would like to acquire an easy way to recover Chrome browsing history. In order to satisfy their needs, we recommend MiniTool Power Data Recovery which is able to recover permanently deleted files in Windows.
Step 1. Run MiniTool Power Data Recovery to see the following interface. For Google Chrome history recovery, go to This PC and select C drive to scan.
The Google Chrome history files are generally kept in this path by default:
"C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default", so you need to select C: as the target drive in this step. But your path can be different as you can see form our example. You can type "chrome://version/" in the Chrome address bar to see the detailed information.
If you have exported the Google Chrome bookmarks to a local drive before they get lost, you need to scan the specific drive to recover Google Chrome bookmarks.
Step 2. Wait for a while until the scan has been finished. Or you can open the searched partitions to look for that Google folder during the scanning process. Once it is found, you can pause the scanning process, check that folder and click Save.
Step 3. In the prompt window, you are asked to set a directory to save files. Please make your decision and press OK to confirm.
Way 3: Make Use of DNS Cache
Firstly, please make sure that your computer is connected to the internet. Secondly, please remember not to shut down or restart your computer after the Chrome history is deleted or lost. Thirdly, follow these steps to see deleted history on Chrome:
- Press "Windows + R" to open the Run dialog.
- Type "cmd" into the text box and click on "OK" button to confirm. (You can also type "cmd" into the Windows search text box shown after you clicked on Windows Start button and then press "Enter" on the keyboard)
- Type the command – "ipconfig /displaydns" – and then press "Enter" on the keyboard.
- Wait a moment for the command to complete.
After that, all your recently visited websites will be displayed; you can view them and find back those history records important to you.
Way 4: Resort to System Restore
Another easy way to recover Chrome browsing history is turning to system restore. Every time when the internet history was deleted, the system restore is able to recover it. Please follow the tutorial given below to carry out the recovery:
- Click on the Start button and type "system restore" into the search text box.
- Press "Enter" on the keyboard or click on the feature from the search result to open it. (Another way to open this feature is: clicking on the Start button -> expanding "All Programs" -> opening "Accessories" folder -> opening "System Tools" subfolder -> choosing "System Restore" in it)
- Take a look at the previous versions you have and select the date you'd like to restore your system to.
- Wait for the system to complete your instructions automatically. When all operations are finished, your computer will reboot.
After the rebooting, you can open Google Chrome to check whether the internet history is back or not.
Apart from methods mentioned above, there are different ways you should choose the one that is most suitable for your case.
The Most Common Way to Delete Google Chrome History
There are also some cases in which you don't want others to see your browsing history. On this occasion, deleting the browsing history of Chrome on all devices that you have signed in with Google Account is the most direct way. Here are the operations you should complete to delete the browsing history:
- Open the device and then open Chrome on it.
- In the top right corner, please click on the "More" option.
- Navigate to history and then choose "History" from its submenu. (Or you can press "Ctrl" + "H" to open History page directly)
- Click on "Clear browsing data" in the left pane.
- Check all items listed below and set the time period to be "the beginning of time".
- Click on "CLEAR BROWSING DATA" button.
After that, you can protect your privacy by deleting the Chrome browsing history completely.
Category: Data Recovery ServicesCompany about: MiniTool Solution Ltd. is a software development company based in Canada. As a dedicated software development company, MiniTool Solution Ltd. provides customers with complete business software solutions in the data recovery and partition management industry.