This post focuses on free pen drive data recovery solution. It provides an easy 3-step guide to help you recover data and files from pen drive for free. Corrupted, formatted, not recognized pen drive and other storage devices are supported. Fix pen drive data not showing and recover data all at once.
When you connect a pen drive, the drive will immediately show up in the File Explorer. However, at times, when you connect an external USB drive to your PC, the drive might not appear in the File Explorer.
You can disconnect the drive, reboot your PC once and connect the drive again to let the drive shows up in the File Explorer.
When the data get lost in the pen drive, what you can do?
Best Pen Drive Data Recovery Software Free Download Full Version
No matter the data loss of pen drive is caused by accidental deleting, formatting or other errors, you can try this free method to recover data and files from your pen drive and other storage drives.
At first, you can check what this free pen drive recovery tool MiniTool Power Data Recovery Free can do, and get this best pen drive data recovery software free download full version on your Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP computer. 100% clean and free. For Mac users, please turn to the Mac version – MiniTool Mac Data Recovery.
How to Recover Data from Pen Drive for Free in 3 Simple Steps Step 1 – Connect the Pen Drive to PC Step 2 – Scan the Target Pen Drive Step 3 – Find, Preview and Save Pen Drive Files How to Recover Data from Corrupted/Formatted Pen Drive
You can follow the guide above to easily recover lost or deleted files from a normal pen drive. As for how to recover data from corrupted pen drive, how to recover data from formatted pen drive, how to restore data from other storage devices, the operation is the same as above: Connect the target device with computer -> choose the target drive or partition to scan -> find desired files and save them to a new path.
This powerful free pen drive data recovery software for Windows 10/8/7 can almost help you recover any data, from any storage device, under any data loss situation, in a fast and simple way.
Fix Pen Drive Data Not Showing Issue Fix 1: Pen Drive Data Not Showing
If your pen drive is detected and shows the occupying space but not showing data and files, it is probably due to virus infection and makes all data on the pen drive hidden. If you can’t access the data in the pen drive, you may try these methods to solve USB pen drive data now showing issue.
- Try the first move, connect the pen drive with PC, and clickStart -> Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> File Explorer Options -> Show hidden files and folders.
2. The second action you can try is to unhide data on the pen drive by using CMD. You can connect the pen drive to PC, then click Windows + R keys on the keyboard at the same time to open RUN windows.
Next type cmd in the box to open Windows Command Prompt window. After that, type diskpart and hit Enter.
Finally input this command line: attrib -h -r -s /s /d E:\*.*, and hit Enter. Replace “E” with the exact drive letter of your pen drive.
If these two methods don’t work, then you have to recur to the best data recovery software and follow the 3 steps guide above to easily recover data from pen drive for free.
Fix 2: Pen Drive Detected but not Opening
If the pen drive data not showing issue is caused by pen drive detected but not accessible, you may try these measures.
- Change a drive letter for the pen drive.Connect the pen drive to PC -> Click Windows + R keys -> Type diskmgmt.msc -> Right click the target pen drive -> Change Drive Letter and Paths -> Assign a new drive letter to the pen drive.
2. Run Windows CHKDSK utility to check and repair disk errors. Press Windows + R keys -> Input cmd -> type the command line: chkdsk e: /f /r (“e” refers to drive letter of the pen drive) -> Hit Enter.
Fix 3: Pen Drive Detected but not Visible
The pen drive data cannot be accessed. And the pen drive is detected but doesn’t appear.
It may be due to an outdated or incompatible device driver. You can update or reinstall the driver for the pen drive to have a try.
- Right click This PC and choose
- Click Device Manager from the left column.
- Click Disk Drives. Find your pen drive and check if there is a yellow exclamation mark on it.
- If yes, you can right-click the pen drive and choose “Update Driver Software”, then click “automatically search for driver software online”.
- After the USB driver is updated or reinstalled, you can reboot your computer and reconnect the pen drive to the PC to check if the pen drive can be accessed now.
Fix 4: Pen Drive not Detected or Recognized by PC
If your pen drive is not detected/recognized by Windows PC, you can read this post for solutions: How to Fix USB Flash Drive Not Recognized.
If none of the above 4 fixes and measures can help you fix pen drive data not showing issue, the shortcut way to access and restore deleted files and lost data on the pen drive is to utilize the free pen drive data recovery software introduced at the beginning. It helps you easily recover data from corrupted, formatted, not recognized pen drive and any other storage device with no hassle.
Have you ever lost all the data on pen drive but don’t know how to recover files from pen drive? Or you may wonder that Is Pen Drive Data Recovery Possible. After reading this post, I believe that you can handle this whenever there's error with pen drive data lost.
Category: Data Recovery ServicesCompany about: MiniTool Solution Ltd. is a software development company based in Canada. As a dedicated software development company, MiniTool Solution Ltd. provides customers with complete business software solutions in the data recovery and partition management industry.