Are you looking for Seagate backup software to back up your important files for data protection? This post will walk you through 3 backup tools – Seagate Dashboard, Seagate Toolkit, and a third-party backup software, MiniTool ShadowMaker. Read this post to learn some details.
Many users are complaining Seagate free agent backup is not working, Seagate Dashboard doesn't work with Windows 10 or something like that. Actually, Seagate Dashboard doesn't work as well as it has expected in some special situations.Additionlly, users also have trouble creating a backup for Seagate external hard drive using Windows 10 built-in backup feature because the disk cannot be recognized. While facing all these annoying problems, many users choose to turn to the help of reliable Seagate backup software that allows them to successfully perform Seagate hard drive backup.
MiniTool ShadowMaker 3.1
As a free backup software designed by MiniTool, it is worth recommending.
It can be a powerful alternative and supplement to Seagate Dashboard and Seagate Toolkit since it offers you more and flexible backup choices to back up your Seagate external hard drive, including:
- Back up files automatically based on your needs via 2 methods – create an image for files and sync files.
- Back up the entire disk and selected partition for backup.
- Clone your disk to another one.
- Back up your PC to an external hard drive, USB drive, NAS, etc. and back up hard drives from Seagate, WD, Toshiba, ADATA, Samsung and more.
- Back up Windows operating system including Windows 10/8/7/, etc. so that you can restore your computer to an earlier date in case of system breakdown.
Simply put, MiniTool ShadowMaker can be the best Seagate backup software. With these powerful features, you can back up and restore your PC in a breeze.
How to Back up Files Automatically
As mentioned above, Seagate Toolkit and Seagate Dashboard support automatic file backup. Additionally, you can use MiniTool ShadowMaker to achieve your aim. So, how can you back up files automatically? Here is the guide.
Step 1: Decide a Backup Mode
- Open MiniTool ShadowMaker.
- Keep using the trial edition.
- Click the Connect button to continue. To create a remote backup, an IP is required.
Step 2: Choose Backup Source
- Under the Backup page, click Source to choose the backup type - Folder and Files.
- Then, choose the files you want to back up. After that, click OK.
Step 3: Choose a Destination to Store the Backup File
- MiniTool ShadowMaker allows you to back up your PC to an external hard drive (not limited to Seagate Backup Plus drive), USB flash drive, NAS and more.
- Choose one based on your needs.
Step 4: Configure Automatic File Backup Setting
- To back up files automatically, click Schedule in the Backup
- After turning this feature on, specify a time point so that this Seagate backup software can back up your important files regularly.
Step 5: Run Backup
- Go back to the following interface.
- Click Back up Now to start the backup at once.
How to Back up Windows 10/8/7
In addition to file backup, you may want to back up your Windows operating system since system might crash commonly because of virus, mistaken operation, disk failure, power outage, etc. To ensure the PC can run as usual, a system image is useful to revert your system to a previous state.
But as mentioned above, the built-in Seagate backup software doesn’t support system backup.
Step 1: Run this free backup software to start a local backup.
Step 2: By default, MiniTool ShadowMaker backs up system required partitions. Here, you won’t need to choose the backup source. Then, decide a destination to save the system image.
Step 3: After that, begin a system backup immediately by hitting Back up Now.
How to Back up Hard Drive via Disk Cloning
Step 3: Select the disk you need to clone and decide the disk you want to clone to.MiniTool ShadowMaker gives you a powerful feature to back up your entire hard drive – Clone Disk. This can help you to transfer all the content of the source disk to another hard drive for disk backup.
Step 1: Launch MiniTool ShadowMaker.
Step 2: Enter the Tools page, click Clone Disk to go on disk cloning.
Step 3: Select the disk you need to clone and decide the disk you want to clone to.
Step 4: Then, this Seagate hard drive backup software will start performing the cloning operation. Depending on the amount of the source disk, this will take a while. For backup, you need to shut down the PC and remove the target disk after completing cloning.
Which One Should Be Used for PC Backup
In a nutshell, it is an excellent alternative and supplement to Seagate Dashboard and Seagate Toolkit. To protect your PC well, we strongly recommend using the third-party Seagate backup software – MiniTool ShadowMaker.
Category: Data Recovery ServicesCompany about: MiniTool Solution Ltd. is a software development company based in Canada. As a dedicated software development company, MiniTool Solution Ltd. provides customers with complete business software solutions in the data recovery and partition management industry.