Need to transfer some big files to somebody else over the internet, but don’t know how? I’ve got your back. Large file transfers can be done in a few different ways, so I’ve put together this guide to cover the simplest, most effective, and free of charge methods.
Even Google's Gmail only allows users to attach files of up to 25MB in total to email messages. Not to mention the fact that large files will quickly eat into your storage space quota while lurking in your Sent folder!
If you need to transfer big files online, there are plenty of good ways to do so without running into trouble – and I've highlighted some of the best here, all of which are free.
Transfer Big Files to Cloud Storage Space Transfer Big Files via Google Drive
If you have transferred big files through Gmail, you will receive a warning message which tells you that the attachments are larger than 25MB and it will be automatically uploaded to the Google Drive.
Basically, you can upload the large files to Google Drive.
Transfer Big File via OneDrive
Besides Google Drive, you can also send large files free to OneDrive and share the links with others.
And now, I will show you how to transfer big files via OneDrive.
Step 1: Log in OneDrive
Visit the Microsoft OneDrive site and input the account and password to log in the OneDrive. You can also use the OneDrive application to go on.
Step 2: Upload large files
- After entering the main interface, click Upload to add the large files.
- Choose the large files or folder to continue.
Step 3: Share large files with other people
- Right-click the large file and choose Share to continue.
- In the popup window, input the name or the email address which you want to send large files. You can add several email addresses to send large files to them at the same time.
- Then click Send to continue.
In addition, you can also choose to click the Copy Link button to get the sharable link and send it to other people.
After all steps are finished, you have successfully transferred large files to other people.
Transfer Big Files via Dropbox
In this part, I will show you how to perform free file transfer via the en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr…_(service) which is a file hosting service.
And I will show you the detailed operations with the step-by-step guide.
Step 1: Sign up Dropbox
- Visit the official site of Dropbox.
- Sign up it. If you don’t have an account, you need to register it first.
Step 2: Upload large files to Dropbox
- After entering the main interface, you can click Upload files or click Upload Folder on the right side to continue.
- After uploading large files, click Share to continue.
- Then input the email address or name to continue. Or you can click Create link to get the sharable link and send it to other people.
After that, you successfully transfer large files to other people and they can download or access the large file.
Tip: Dropbox only allows you to transfer big files within 2GB. If the files are larger than 2GB, you need to pay for it or choose another way.
Transfer Big Files via Synchronization Software Transfer Big Files via MiniTool ShadowMaker
To transfer big files from PC to PC or transfer big files to USB drive or external hard drive quickly, you can take advantage of programs. I will show you the first program to help you to send big files for free.
Therefore, you can use the file backup software – MiniTool ShadowMaker to send large files free. MiniTool ShadowMaker enables you to transfer big files free from PC to PC as long as the PCs are on the same LAN or to transfer big files to USB drive or external hard drive.
In order to send big files for free, download MiniTool ShadowMaker immediately from the following button or you can also choose to purchase an advanced edition.
Step 1: Launch MiniTool ShadowMaker
Step 2: Select large files to transfer
- After entering its main interface, go to Sync
- Click Source module to choose large files to transfer. Here are three paths are available including Administrator, Libraries, and
Step 3: Choose destination
- Click Destination module to choose a target disk to save the large files.
- Here are five paths are available. If you want to transfer big files to USB drives or to external hard drives, click Computer and choose the external hard drive to continue.
- If you want to transfer big files from PC to PC, click Network, choose a computer and input the Path, User name and Password. All computers will be listed here as long as they are on the same LAN.
Here, I choose to transfer big files to an external hard drive.
Step 4: Start to transfer big files free
- Click Sync Now to send large files to external hard drive.
- Or you can choose to Sync Later, but you need to restart it in the Manage
After you have finished all steps, you can find that the synchronization software – MiniTool ShadowMaker enables you to transfer large files with a very fast quick. And it also enables you to transfer files from PC to PC as long as they are on the same LAN.
One important point is that MiniTool ShadowMaker enables you to transfer big files free without size limitation.
Apart from the methods mentioned above, youcan also transfer big files more methods that you may or may not know, including transfer via Sync Center, or via Online Service.
I hope that this post will help you in transfering big files more effectively.
Category: Data Recovery ServicesCompany about: MiniTool Solution Ltd. is a software development company based in Canada. As a dedicated software development company, MiniTool Solution Ltd. provides customers with complete business software solutions in the data recovery and partition management industry.