Pioneering a New Solution Category, Veeam’s New Availability Suite Makes 24/7 Data Centre Availability a Reality for All Applications and Workloads
Veeam® Software, innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Modern Data Center™, today announced Veeam Availability Suite™ (available Q3, 2014), a solution that ensures all applications and data are accessible whenever and wherever they are needed. In this way, Veeam is pioneering a new solution category that does what legacy data protection and backup systems could never do: enable the Always-On Business™.
“The modern business cycle is no longer confined to five days a week, eight hours a day,” said Ratmir Timashev, CEO of Veeam. “IT organisations must make applications and data available to all stakeholders every minute of every day. This is the era of the Always-On Business. Veeam Availability Suite provides a new enabling technology that transforms the Always-On Business from a mere dream for most organisations into a reality.”
Achieving non-stop availability of applications and data has traditionally required a significant investment in fully redundant systems with instant failover ensuring recovery within seconds. These kinds of massive investments could only be justified for a few applications, so the vast majority of applications are served with legacy backup solutions that offer recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of several hours or days, failing to meet the needs of the Always-On Business. For the first time, this significant availability gap can be bridged thanks to Veeam’s new category of solution, Availability for the Modern Data Center™, which provides an RTPO of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data.
Veeam Availability Suite bridges this availability gap by providing five key enabling capabilities (all statistics below are derived from ESG’s “Veeam Customer Insights Survey”):
- High-Speed Recovery: Rapid recovery of what IT wants, the way IT wants it. Ninety-six percent of Veeam recoveries are within recovery time objective (RTO) service level agreements (SLAs), compared to 78 percent for other solutions.
- Data Loss Avoidance: Near-continuous data protection and streamlined disaster recovery. Eighty-three percent of Veeam customers are more confident in their backup than they were with previous backup systems.
- Verified Protection: Guaranteed recovery of every file, application or virtual server, every time. Seventy-one percent of Veeam customers report improved reliability of backups compared to other solutions.
- Risk Mitigation: Low-risk deployment of new applications with a production-like test environment within Veeam Virtual Lab, leveraging the investment made in backup and replication systems and data. Sixty-six percent of users of Veeam’s monitoring, reporting, and capacity planning features find them better or much better than other solutions.
- Complete Visibility: Proactive monitoring and alerting of issues before they affect operations. Seventy-one percent of customers using Veeam monitoring and reporting tools say their risk awareness has improved compared to other solutions.
“Veeam gives us comfort and security we never had with other tools,” said John Ferguson, Network System Specialist at Roswell Park Cancer Institute, one of the world’s largest cancer care, research and education organisations. “Veeam has our back every time. It’s a rock-solid solution that’s crucial, especially when you’re trying to restore something during an audit or for a critical business need.”
“Veeam’s Instant VM Recovery™ is amazing,” said James Richards, Virtualisation and Server Specialist at Flybe, Europe’s largest regional airline. “When there was a problem with a VM that runs an important aircraft maintenance application, I kicked off Instant VM Recovery and users could access the application in minutes. When I transferred the VM from the Veeam NFS storage to our SAN storage with the application still running, users never even knew.”
Leveraging the modern virtualisation, storage and cloud technologies, and now integrating deeply with the leading storage solutions from providers like EMC, HP and NetApp, Veeam Availability Suite provides critical enabling technology for the Modern Data Center.
New features in the upcoming Veeam Availability Suite v8 include:
- NetApp Integration: Veeam’s Backup from NetApp SnapShot® enables IT to create backups from NetApp SnapShot every 15 minutes or less with no impact on the production environment. Patent-pending technology allows backups to be completed 20 times faster than with competing products. Veeam Explorer™ for Storage Snapshots provides free VM, guest file and application-item recovery from NetApp SnapShot, SnapMirror® and SnapVault®.
- EMC Data Domain Boost™ Integration: Dramatically reduces backup window by allowing over 10 times faster backup file transformation and up to 50 percent faster full backups requiring up to 99 percent less network bandwidth. Support for Fibre Channel connectivity enables LAN free backup to Data Domain.
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL: Lets users quickly restore individual databases back to the original or a new location, including point-in-time recovery through transaction log backup and replay, enabling precise restore of databases to a specific moment in time, or even to specific transactions.
- Replication Enhancements: The new version adds Built-in WAN Acceleration with replication jobs, and enables users to perform replication from backup files, as opposed to the virtual infrastructure. In addition, IT administrators can leverage the new failover plans, and perform planned failovers to facilitate data centre migrations with no data loss, further improving RTPO.
Veeam Availability Suite v8 will be showcased at Veeam ON: The World’s Premier Data Center Availability Event, taking place October 6–9, 2014 at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, NV. Veeam will bring together industry-leading experts, Veeam customers and partners who will learn about enabling the Always-On Business. Registration is now open.
Veeam Availability Suite™ will be available in Q3, 2014. Pricing is based per CPU socket, includes the first year of Maintenance and Support, and starts at RRP $AUD 1,390 for Standard Edition, $AUD 1,911 for Enterprise and $AUD 2,589 for Enterprise Plus Edition.
-- end --
About Veeam Software
Veeam® enables the Always-On Business™ by providing solutions that deliver Availability for the Modern Data Center™, which provides recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of less than 15 minutes for the majority of applications and data. Veeam recognises the challenges in keeping a business up and running at all times and addresses them with solutions that provide high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified protection, risk mitigation and complete visibility. Veeam Backup & Replication™ leverages technologies that enable the modern data centre, including VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, NetApp storage, and HP 3PAR StoreServ and StoreVirtual Storage, to help organisations meet RTPOs, save time, mitigate risks, and dramatically reduce capital and operational costs. Veeam Availability Suite™ provides all of the benefits and features of Veeam Backup & Replication along with advanced monitoring, reporting and capacity planning for the backup infrastructure. Veeam Management Pack™ extends Microsoft System Center monitoring to enterprise vSphere environments and also offers monitoring, reporting and capacity planning for the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure. The Veeam Cloud Provider Program (VCP) offers flexible monthly and perpetual licensing to meet the needs of hosting, managed service and cloud service providers. VCP currently has more than 4,500 service provider partners worldwide. Monthly rental is available in more than 70 countries from more than 50 Veeam aggregators.
Founded in 2006, Veeam currently has 25,000 ProPartners and more than 101,000 customers worldwide. Veeam’s global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland, and the company has offices throughout the world. To learn more, visit http://www.veeam.com.