Check out the release notes of the latest PrestaShop Version 18.104.22.168 Beta version that comprise key highlights and fixed issues of PrestaShop 1.7.6 and below versions.
The arduous wait is finally over when PrestaShop finally announced the release of the PrestaShop 1.7.7 beta version.
The first Beta version for PrestaShop 22.214.171.124 is NOW all set for you to test and explore!
eCommerce experts believe that this open-source version of PrestaShop is advanced than any of the previous versions with multiple security updates and enhancement in core modules. Read the Full news here
Experts believe that the launch of this beta version is the best time to Migrate the Prestashop 1.6 version to 1.7.
To understand why, let’s begin with:
Why is PrestaShop Version 126.96.36.199 a big deal for developers?
- Since the release of PrestaShop Version 188.8.131.52, there has been a boom in the PrestaShop Developers community.
- Surprisingly 957 merged pull requests have been recorded until now with the final release date still at least a month away.
- More than 110 external contributors have taken active participation in the development of the PrestaShop 1.7.7 version.
- PrestaShop claims that more than 160 bugs have been fixed for the Beta version for PrestaShop 184.108.40.206 so far. These include 11 highly expected bug fixes, five front-office notable fixes, and five back-office notable fixes.
- This is some sort of record, as the last version 220.127.116.11 had only 110 fixes till the release date.
Since there is still a month left before the release of the stable version, the PrestaShop community suggests you to start testing this Beta version for PrestaShop 18.104.22.168 NOW!
You must learn What’s new in PrestaShop 1.7.7 version that makes it the greatest PrestaShop version ever.
New Features and Improvements of PrestaShop Version 22.214.171.124:
To make these much more affable, I’ve bifurcated the improved features into various sections:
Improvements in the USER EXPERIENCE:
- Fuzzy Search: PrestaShop 1.7.7 version comes with an improved front office search mechanism known as “Fuzzy Search.” This is a perfect tool for improving the conversion rate as it eradicates all the misspelling and typos in the search box.
- Emojis Now Supported: PrestaShop 1.7.7 comes with the full support of emojis in front and back-office fields. In this latest version of PrestaShop, all database tables are encoded in utf8bm4 by default, which makes it possible to support all the emojis.
- Email Language Translation: PrestaShop 1.7.7 version comes with advanced features of Email language translation in Design > Email theme. This makes it possible to translate the Back Office’s email contents, saving the trouble for sellers to switch to various platforms to understand.
Improvements related to SEO:
- Easy Indexing and Searching: For the improvement in the indexing and searching, the field manufacturer part number is now available in PrestaShop 1.7.7 product management.
- Strong SEO Presence: The Availability of field Manufacturer Part Number also has a positive effect on SEO and the SERP performance of the products from your shop.
- New languages: Multiple new store languages are in PrestaShop 1.7.7, making it easier to rank in different regions.
Improvements in the Development:
These are the changes in the core module that helps make PrestaShop Development more fun:
- Easy Error Recognition: PrestaShop 1.7.7 is a boon for developers as the process of error handling is now much easier. If an unexpected error occurs in the back office when running in production mode, you are redirected to an error page instead of a blank page, which was shown in the previous versions.
- Automatic Form Rendering: Now, in PrestaShop 1.7.7, the problem of Form Template override is eliminated. You can customize the form as per your need as now you can add form fields anywhere.
- Improved Customer Reassurance: Now, it becomes easier for PrestaShop developers to create a website that is loved by customers. PrestaShop 1.7.7 allows you to customize the color of the icons, add a description, and links.
Improvements in the core modules:
- Theme Customization: The PrestaShop 1.7.7 version comes with an advanced theme customization feature for product pages as well as category pages. With these advanced theme customizations, developers can easily find, configure, and customize products and categories’ pages theme, including the main native modules. This theme customization is also available for the home page in PrestaShop 1.7.7 version.
- Improved Product Tab Management: PrestaShop Version 126.96.36.199 saves you the trouble of using a fake legacy controller as now you can get access to tabs via Symfony routes. The tabs can be hidden and enabled using the enable/disable option available. We can also understand this: whenever a module is disabled, the Tab is automatically hidden and vice-versa.
- Updated PHP support: To induce more stability to the website, PrestaShop 188.8.131.52 has dropped the support for all the PHP versions earlier than 7.1.3. But this news is also combined with the good news that PrestaShop 1.7.7 version will fully support PHP 7.3, making it the most stable PrestaShop version ever.
- Updated jQuery to 3.4.1: The PrestaShop 1.7.7 comes with the latest jQuery version in Back Office and the Classic & Core theme. This update jQuery has been possible due to the jquery migrate feature.
- New CQRS Debugger in the Symfony debug bar: The inclusion of this feature in PrestaShop Version 184.108.40.206 makes it possible for you to explore the commands and queries used to build the page you’re seeing. You can further make customizations by overriding the modules.
Payment and Currency related Improvements:
- Official and non-official currencies: The PrestaShop 1.7.7 version allows merchants to have all the currencies they need to meet every customer’s expectations based in different regions. You can now add new official and non-official currencies (e.g., local or custom) to your store.
- Currency customization with language: PrestaShop 1.7.7 merchants can customize the display of currencies on their website as per the language(s) desired.
Order Page Improvements:
The order pages in PrestaShop 1.7.7 version have been redesigned and migrated to Symfony. There are multiple new and improved features for sellers to simply navigate through the order management pages.
Fifteen new pages have been migrated to Symfony in PrestaShop 1.7.7 version, including the Catalog, customer service, and order pages.
Are you still using an outdated PrestaShop version?
If you are still using PrestaShop 1.6 or below version, its high time for you to make your move to PrestaShop 1.7.7
Learn more about how to migrate to PrestaShop 1.7.7 here.
Let CedCommerce help you migrate your store to PrestaShop 1.7. Our SuperHero Level Expertise Prestashop Developers can serve as a big help for you to overcome this process.
Or you can do it yourself.
How to download Beta version for PrestaShop 220.127.116.11?
To download PrestaShop Version 18.104.22.168, please click on the link here.
After the release of the Beta version for PrestaShop 22.214.171.124, everyone must be eagerly waiting for the launch of the full version of PrestaShop Version 126.96.36.199. I guess that you are feeling excited and curious as there is just one month left!!
In case you have any more questions regarding the PrestaShop version 188.8.131.52 or wish to discuss with experts on how to successfully migrate to PrestaShop 1.7.7 version, feel free to comment below.
We will let you know about any more news or updates as soon as PrestaShop drops any announcement.
Category: eCommerce Solutions and DevelopersCompany about: Renowned across the globe as one of the world’s leading E-Commerce web development agencies, CedCommerce makes the selling experience easy with its integration, affiliate, and other extensions. It is an Official Channel Integration Partner of Walmart, Best Buy Canada, Bonanza, Sears, Fruugo, Newegg, and many other leading marketplaces. With its sweeping solutions, it enables merchants to list their products easily on leading E-Commerce websites with frameworks such as – Magento, Shopify, WooComm ...
For more information: