Singapore-based Clarion Events, organiser of Australian Utility Week, has created the Australian Utility Innovators Awards, to be held in conjunction with its two planned events in Australia later this year: Customer Focussed Utility 2016 to be held in Melbourne on 22 September and its main exhibition and conference, Australian Utility Week 2016, in Sydney on 29 and 30 November.
Customer Focussed Utility 2016 is “designed to help utilities manage [their] omnichannel customer engagement process from a customer service and a business system re-engineering perspective.” It will “explore the disconnection between consumer expectations and the customer experience that utility contact centres and customer technology platforms are delivering.” It will be held at the Pullman on the Park hotel.
Australian Utility Week 2016 comprises an expo and conference with “sessions targeted to the interest of retailers, network operators and water utilities.” The organisers promise: “participants will remain up-to-date to the latest innovations and successes through regional case studies from the ANZ region as well as international case studies from the USA, Europe and Asia.” A call for papers has been issued.
Announcing the awards, Clarion Events said: “Selecting the right strategy, adopting technology innovations and practicing effective vendor management are all essential requirements for utilities to achieve success in customer engagement, energy efficiency and operational excellence. Large scale infrastructure projects are a challenge for any organisation. Expertise in this area should be celebrated and the success roadmaps replicated.”
Each award goes to both the utility and, if applicable, its lead vendor/s. The utilities category includes solar installers and others who provide utility services to customers, but utilities must be located in Australia, New Zealand or the Pacific region. The startup category is relevant to any startup no matter where they are based.
Award categories at Customer Focused Utility 2016 are:
- Best Retail Customer Services - delivering a first class customer experience;
- Best C&I Customer Services - delivering a first class customer experience;
- Best Innovation in Digital Communications - to engage and service online customers;
- Best Customer Service Recovery; and
- Best Use of Customer-Related Technologies & Systems.
Award categories at Australian Utility Week 2016 are:
- Best Smart Energy, Smart Water or Smart City Startup – voted on at the event;
- Best customer value AMI Infrastructure Project;
- Best Digital Transformation Project; and
- Best Demand Side Management (DSM) and Energy Efficiency Project.
Infrastructure protection news brought to you by PelicanCorp