Spookfish Limited (ASX: SFI) (“Spookfish” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce that a leading software company has entered into an evaluation agreement with Spookfish to enable it to review the Company’s technology and evaluate the merits of entering into a commercial agreement.
- Leading national and international software company enters into a pre-contract evaluation agreement with Spookfish to review its unique capabilities and consider the merits of entering into a commercial agreement
- This evaluation customer offers integrated enterprise software solutions, often incorporating location-based data to leading corporations, government departments and statutory authorities.
- This software company has a particularly strong presence in the Australian local government sector which collectively represents the largest user group of GIS technology in the country with 80% of all data stored containing location data
- Spookfish technology will allow local government to cost effectively gain access to reliable, current, country-wide coverage in high resolution 2D and 3D imagery
- This agreement represents a significant opportunity for Spookfish to leverage a direct channel to the very large and important Australian local government sector
- Spookfish continues to engage with all levels of government in Australia to outline what will soon be possible with the highly productive and cost effective Spookfish technology
This leading software company offers integrated enterprise software solutions to leading corporations, government departments and statutory authorities in many countries and has offices in each state of Australia. It has a particularly strong presence in the Australian local government sector, supplying multiple software solutions that incorporate location-based data to the vast majority of the more than 550 local councils across Australia.
Collectively, Australia’s local governments represent the largest user of GIS technology in the country. Local governments have traditionally been early adopters of GIS advancements, driving innovation in spatial technology deployments.
Over 80 per cent of all data stored by a local government contains a location component. By visualising and exploring the relationships within this data, local governments are using the resulting discoveries to guide decision-making and improve workforce efficiencies in the fields of:
- Asset management
- Urban analysis, planning and approvals
- Customer service
- Emergency management
- Field force enablement
- Operational awareness
The capabilities being developed for the large scale, wide-area Spookfish Generation Two system scheduled for launch in 2016, will provide local governments Australia-wide with access to reliable, cost effective, current and very high resolution 2D and 3D imagery and digital elevation models, and facilitate significant growth in the applications of GIS technology and location-based data amongst local government.
Similarly, Spookfish continues to engage with all levels of government in Australia to outline what will be soon be possible with the enormously productive and cost effective Spookfish technology that will be capable of providing very fast, high quality countrywide imagery.
In relation to the signing of the evaluation agreement with this software provider, Spookfish Executive Chairman, Jason Marinko, commented, “This agreement represents another opportunity for Spookfish to establish a relationship with a significant local and international group and provides an ideal channel to access the large local government sector.”