Silk product family delivers a single portfolio of testing tools to optimise application quality and performance
Organisations of all sizes are tasked with overcoming the challenge of delivering more products, on more platforms, in less time and with fewer resources. In response to this, Borland, a Micro Focus company (LSE: MCRO.L), today launched the Borland Silk Portfolio – a comprehensive set of test automation tools for cloud, web and mobile platforms. Working with, existing development and testing frameworks, the Silk product family delivers more capabilities to significantly improve application quality and reliability, while drastically reducing application deployment risk with significant time and cost savings.
The Borland Silk Portfolio takes a highly flexible approach to optimising the quality and performance of all customers’ applications. It helps large and small development teams to standardise processes and centralise best practices across the organisation, and streamline cloud, web and mobile application delivery to save time, money and effort.
Jeff Findlay, Borland Architect – APJ, at Micro Focus, said: “Testing teams have it rough today. These teams have a variety of challenges that span multiple technologies and platforms. Putting the problem in perspective, a team that only wants to support one major browser on one major OS has to test across at least 24 different desktop combinations. Our tools help customers ensure their apps work across as many platform/device combinations they want to support, bringing order to chaos and ensuring large-scale application delivery without any nasty surprises.
Continuing, Findlay said: “Designed to be simple, intuitive and easy to use, Silk Portfolio brings control to testing, minimising the risks to delivering higher quality software while allowing developers a choice of tooling. It means our customers can deploy the most complex applications knowing they will meet their quality, scalability and performance objectives, and that ultimately their customers’ first experience will be positive.”
The Silk product set comprises:
- Silk Mobile – Functional testing of mobile devices across all platforms. Plug in and go, no jail breaking, just install on your PC and plug in any mobile device for automated testing.
- Silk Test – Powerful test automation that delivers cross browser and cross platform testing designed to be used visually without any coding with Microsoft Visual Studio and Eclipse. Flexible packages are available to suit the needs of a variety of use cases.
- Silk Performer Cloud – Simulate load tests in the cloud without investing in infrastructure. Focus on performance and not IT hardware acquisition issues by setting multiple regional agents on the cloud, no expensive spend on hardware and set up, pay as you go (whatever you use).
- Silk WebMeter – Advanced website performance tool that tests websites globally. Free to download, lightweight and easy to use.
- Silk Performer – Easy and cost effective performance and load testing for web 2.0, enterprise and mobile applications. Know what will really happen to your application in the real world.
- Silk Central –Test management for agile and traditional development projects that eliminates the need to work from spread sheets and documents. Collaborative and customisable, testers can align goals and requirements with testing, technology and processes in a way that brings efficiency to manual testing almost immediately.
The Silk Portfolio end-to-end solution helps development organisations manage the uncertainties and risk brought about by new technology platforms and multiple devices, networks and operating systems though component-based test automation.
To find out more about the Borland Silk product set visit: http://www.borland.com/silkportfolio.
Originating in 1983, Borland Software Corporation is a world-class provider of requirements, test and change management solutions. As part of Micro Focus Ltd, a member of the FTSE 250, Borland offers tools that are open, agile and work across the entire Application Development Lifecycle to enable customers to build better software, faster. For additional information please visit www.borland.com.
-- End --