Since a long time, agronomists and horticulturists have been constantly trying to improve the cropping environment that can favor a crop’s growth and extend the production season. This was initiated with the introduction of the polyethylene polymer in the late 1930s, used to manufacture agricultural films. These films significantly help in protecting the crop from external factors such as wind, rain, pests, and insects. These films in the coming future will hold an important place in agricultural operations with constant support and financial assistance from the government to encourage their usage
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has predicted the global population to exceed 9 billion by the year 2050 and therefore, in order to meet the anticipated food demand, the agricultural production globally will have to increase by over 60%. The organization has also confirmed that the climate change can pose a number of risks and unpredictability to agricultural products globally, due to factors such as shifts in rainfall patterns, irregularity of weather conditions, and global warming among others. In order to meet this demand and attain optimum agricultural productivity, it is important to employ latest technologies in farming operations. This is to ensure that maximum food production per hectare of land and gram of agrochemicals used is achieved, along with protecting the crops by adapting to the climate change and assuring sustainability in the longer run.
The agricultural films market is at a growth phase because of the factors such as the ever-growing demand for healthy foods, increasing requirement of attaining optimum agriculture productivity, high-quality crop demand and decreasing arable land among others. The growth for this market is being driven by the following factors: increasing demand for agricultural products, increasing application in greenhouse agriculture, the rising awareness for the need of controlled agricultural practices, and decreasing amount of arable land. However, there are certain challenges which are inhibiting the overall growth of the global agricultural films market: environmental regulations, increasing concerns about film waste and disposal, and stringent government regulations.
According to the latest market report by BIS Research, titled ‘Global Agricultural Films Market, …ecast (2016-2021)’, the global agricultural films market is expected to reach $9.2 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 5.1% from 2017 to 2021. The rising demand for agricultural films in greenhouse structures from regions such as Western Europe, Middle East & Africa and Asia-Pacific is one of the key factors supporting the overall growth of this market. The market has been experiencing a rapid growth in the past few years owing to the increasing agricultural activity coupled with the increasing demand of these films from end-use industries.
Few Companies Mentioned in the Report:
- Trioplast Industrier AB
- The Dow Chemical Company
- RPC bpi group
- Plastika Kritis SA
- Nippon Gohsei
- Imaflex Inc.
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Eval Europe N.V.
- Danaflex Nano
- Cytec Solvay Group
- BioBag International AS
- Berry Global Inc.
- BASF SE
- Barbier Group
- Ab Rani Plast Oy
Key questions addressed in the report:
- What are the different factors driving the market and what will be their impact in the forecast period?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the agricultural films market, pertaining to the countries included in different geographical regions?
- What are the major factors challenging the growth of the global agricultural films market and how can they be addressed in the forecast period?
- What is the market size for different regions in terms of value and volume both, on the basis of various types and applications?
- How many kilotons of agricultural films are being used by various end-use industries?
- What are the prevalent applications and what is the market size for each of them?
- Which region will lead the global agricultural films market by the end of the forecast period?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the agricultural films market, pertaining to countries included in different geographical regions?
- How will the competitive rivalry evolve through the forecast period?
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the industry by analyzing the futuristic scenario of agricultural films?
Request Your Free Sample Brochure at: bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=426&type=download
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: As an Owl on top of the Globe (Our Logo), BIS Research is continuously scanning, analyzing, and predicting emerging technology areas and reporting the same for your business growth. BIS Research is a global technology research and advisory company which focuses on the emerging trends in technology which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market. We strive to provide information about such uncharted territories to our clients so as to facilitate their decision making process. BIS Researc ...