The emerging nations, especially the countries like China, Japan, India, Brazil, Argentina, and Indonesia are witnessing massive growth in the agricultural adjuvants market. This robust growth in the developing regions is largely propelled by the growing urban population and increasing disposable incomes which in turn have stimulated the growth in the consumption of agricultural produce. As a result of these demographic changes, the global agricultural sector has undergone massive structural changes.
With the rapid employment of precision farming solutions, farmers are able to enhance production yield by increasing inputs and efficient management of adjuvants. The advent of using agricultural adjuvants has resulted in reduced energy consumption and overall cost-effective operations. As a result, the agricultural adjuvants market is expected to progress at a healthy rate due to the ever-growing affinity for using adjuvants than the traditional crop protection solutions.
According to a new market intelligence report by BIS Research, titled ‘Global Agricultural Adjuvants Mark…ecast (2017-2021)', the global agricultural adjuvants market is expected to reach $3,594.1 million by 2021.
The strong growth is attributed to the growing demand for integrated pest management (IPM) techniques and adoption of green crop protection concept. Moreover, the increasing demand for organic food products among consumers is driving the growth of the market. The global agricultural adjuvants market received considerable support from the government in terms of investments, favorable initiatives, and trade policies.
The activator modifiers held approximately 50.3% of the total agricultural adjuvants market in the year 2016, followed by the utility modifiers". The growth in the adaption of using activator modifiers coupled with the rising cost of agricultural chemicals are the factors supporting the growth of the market. Activator modifiers work to improve the biological performance of pesticides. These modifiers increase the activity of the herbicide by altering the characteristics which include the particle size, spray distribution on the plant, viscosity of the spray, rate of herbicide intake and its solubility of herbicide in the spray solution. Activators are further classified into surfactants, wetting agents and oils.
Moreover, the utility modifiers market is expected to display growth of over 5.4%, in the next five years because utility modifiers are the adjuvants which are added to enhance the spray formulation used across the plants. These modifiers change the physical and chemical properties of adjuvants in such manner which makes them easier to reduce the ill effects thereby providing effective herbicide formulation.
According to Sonal Rawat, an analyst at BIS research, "herbicide application accounted for 43.7% of the total revenue generated by the agricultural adjuvants in the year 2016. During the forecast period, the fungicide application segment is expected to display the highest growth rate. With the increasing pressure on global food production and adoption of modern farming practices & technologies, the demand for pesticides is expected to increase, which in turn would enhance the growth of the agricultural adjuvants market. Fungicide based adjuvants are the upcoming growing segment due to increased priority on post-harvest wastage reduction, mainly in the developing countries.
Adjuvants plus Inc., Nufarm Ltd., Momentive Performance Materials, Lamberti S.p.A, Monsanto Company, Oro Agri, Syngenta, Elkem, Winfield solutions LLC and Helena Chemical Company, among others, are some of the prominent players in the agricultural adjuvants market. The major established players in the market are focusing on product launches and developments to introduce new technologies or developing further on the existing product portfolio. The market is severely fragmented with the presence of a number of small-sized to medium-sized companies that compete with each other and large enterprises.
Key questions answered in the report:
- What will be the size, in terms of value ($million) and volume (kilotons) of the agricultural adjuvants market in 2016, and growth rate during the forecast period, 2017-2021?
- What are different product types of agricultural adjuvants and developments by key the players in the agricultural adjuvants market?
- What was the revenue generation of agricultural adjuvants for different animal types in 2016 and what is their growth prospect?
- What is the market size of different applications, crop type, product type and method of propagation in terms of value and volume and their respective growth prospects and the key developments?
- What is the agricultural adjuvants market size for different regions, on the basis of various product type and applications?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the market, pertaining to countries included in different geographical regions?
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the industry by analyzing the futuristic scenario of agricultural adjuvants?
- What are the major driving forces that tend to increase the demand for agricultural adjuvants during the period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global agricultural adjuvants market?
- What kind of new strategies is being adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the agricultural adjuvants market by analyzing through market share analysis?
- What are the key market players in the market, along with their detailed analysis & profiles (including company snapshots, their financials, key products & services, and SWOT analysis)?
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: As an Owl on top of the Globe (Our Logo), BIS Research is continuously scanning, analyzing, and predicting emerging technology areas and reporting the same for your business growth. BIS Research is a global technology research and advisory company which focuses on the emerging trends in technology which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market. We strive to provide information about such uncharted territories to our clients so as to facilitate their decision making process. BIS Researc ...