New trends are changing the shape of the construction industry - Prefabrication, new technology, robotics, green buildings and consolidation are trends leading companies must stay ahead of in the near future to be prosperous.
- Prefabricated buildings are becoming increasingly relevant in modern construction – companies need to adapt
- Investing in new technology will provide substantial gains in efficiency, costs and speed
- Harnessing Building Information Modeling (BIM) is of growing importance
- Consolidation would benefit construction industry by taking advantage of economies of scale
- Mastering use of ‘green’ materials will help drive to reduce environmental impact of construction
Despite initial problems, prefab high-rise buildings are changing how construction is thought about. 461 Dean in New York claimed to be the tallest modular building anywhere in the world when construction finished.
Opened in December 2016, the building stands out as a means of supplying affordable housing in one of the most
expensive housing markets in existence.
Chinese construction companies are also setting speed records for high towers by using modular technology. Even designer homes are now part of the growing popularity of prefabricated construction.
One Filipino company is even valued at over $1bn after proving to be a hit in designer ‘prefabs’. Construction companies need to develop flexibility to deal with prefabricated building methods which often now involve techniques used in timber construction.
Browse the complete report at www.orbisresearch.com/reports/inde…r-2018-and-beyond
- Explores the latest developments in construction
- Looks at the impact of prefabricated building
- Assesses the influence of new technology
- Analyses the impact of consolidation
Reasons to access
- 3D printing is one technology which is changing how construction companies create components. Complex shapes can be molded much faster and at much less expense than ever before, enabling firms to do more with less.
- Consolidation will become a growing trend in the construction industry. Money from China entering the international market means smaller players must consolidate to compete against larger rivals.
- Prefabricated housing is growing in popularity and is increasingly a section of the industry construction companies need to be players in. The scale of building, speed of construction and degree of complication is rising, forcing leading companies to adapt to a changing technological landscape.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...