Drinking water packed in glass or plastic bottles is referred as bottled water. Bottled water may or may not be carbonated. Bottled water continues to be a popular choice of consumers despite the carbonated soft drinks having established. Water sold in large bottles holding one to 2.5 gallons is relatively cheaper compared to carbonated water sold at higher prices per gallon.
Increasing inclination of consumers from high calorie carbonated soft drinks to low calorie healthier options, such as bottled water, are driving the growth of global bottled water market.
Bottled water contributes a large portion in the global soft drinks industry. With increasing responsiveness among consumers about being hydrated by drinking safe water is driving the growth of global bottled water market.
The demand and consumption of bottled water varies significantly from one region to another region.
In emerging countries, consumer awareness towards the safe and clean water had driven the growth of the bottled water market.
Availability of convenience packaging and inability of the governments to provide reliable and safe drinking water are various other factors persuading the growth of global bottled water market. Bottled water market is less affected by fluctuating prices of raw materials.
As water, which is the prime raw material used, is found in abundance, the bottlers’ sales margin depends on the price of plastic used for making the bottles.
The various types of bottled water available are flavored bottled water, carbonated bottled water, still bottled water and functional bottled water. Based on application, the global bottled water market can be categorized as domestic, industrial and commercial bottled water.
And based on regulated levels, global bottled water can be classified as federal, state and industry level. International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) regulates standards for safe and high quality portable bottled water products.
Geographically, Asia-Pacific dominates the global bottled water market, followed by Europe. However, developing countries in Asia-Pacific such as India and China are expected to be the fastest growing regional market of the bottled water during the coming years.
The expansion of bottled water market in developing countries is attributed to shifting inclination in drinking habits toward more hygienic drinking alternatives, rising disposable income, high consumption volume of water, and growing consumption of functional water in the region.
Some of the major players in the global bottled water market include PepsiCo Inc., Nestle Waters, Groupe Danone, Icelandic Water Holdings ehf, The Coca- Cola Company, Mountain Valley Spring Company, LLC, Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co., Ltd., Sunny Delight Beverages Company, and Balance Water Company.
- Provides comprehensive understanding of the market with the help of informed market outlook, opportunities, challenges, trends, size and growth, competitive analysis, major competitors and Porter analysis
- Identifies the key drivers of growth and challenges of the key industry players. Also, assesses the future impact of the propellants and restraints on the market
- Uncovers potential demands in the market
- Porter analysis identifies competitive forces within the market
- Provides information on the historical and current market size and the future potential of the market
- Provides sizes of key regional markets using yardsticks of processes, segments, products, end user and technology, etc (as applicable)
- Highlights the competitive scenario of the market, major competitors, market share, benchmarking, investments and merger acquisitions
- Provides profiles of major competitors of the market including details of their operations, product and services, recent developments and key financial metrics. Profiles provide better understanding of competition as well as the demands of the market.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: PS Market Research is a global market research and consulting company. We provide market research reports, industry reports, business intelligence and research based consulting services across a range of industries. With the help of our professional corporate relations with various companies, our market research offers the most accurate market forecasting. Our analysts and consultants interact with leading companies of the concerned domain to substantiate every single data presented in our pub ...
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!