Video is the largest category within the retail entertainment market, contributing around 60% of the total revenue. This is primarily made up of physical video formats; DVDs and Blu-rays.
Pune, India, 15th September 2017: WiseGuyReports announced addition of new report, titled “The UK Entertainment Market 2017-2022”.
"The UK Entertainment Market 2017-2022", is part of Retail’s sector analysis series, providing a detailed analysis of the entertainment market, forecast to 2022. The report provides quantitative and qualitative analysis of the UK market, evaluating major trends, consumer attitudes and an in-depth analysis of key market players.
Get sample report @ www.wiseguyreports.com/sample-requ…-market-2017-2022
The UK retail entertainment market, which excludes streaming services, is forecast to decline over the next five years.
All subcategories within the market are expected to decline by double digits between 2017 and 2022. Download music will fare the worst over this period; this comes as its principal retailer, Apple, continues to shift focus away from this category.
Apple’s focus is shifting away from download music, demonstrated by the discontinuation of its iPod Classic in 2014, followed by the Nano and Shuffle in 2017. With a limited number of MP3 players available, as well as the consumer movement towards music streaming services, the download music market will become almost redundant within the next five years.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the following -
- Key issues in the market and success strategies
- Market sizing by category and growth forecasts
- In-depth profiling of major retailers including market share and outlooks
- Consumer analysis detailing how, where and why consumers are buying entertainment products
The download market peaked in 2015 and has been in decline ever since. The success of the video market relies on the popularity of new releases, however in the last year a number of titles performed poorly in the cinema, leading to weak DVD and Blu-ray sales.
- Discounter’s share of the entertainment market is forecast to grow over the next five years. This is in part due to an anticipated fall in real income, meaning consumers will have less money to spend on discretionary purchases such as entertainment goods and will therefore be inclined to trade down, buying cheaper, older releases from discounters.
Retailers such as B&M and Poundland stock a broad range of DVDs and CDs in most stores.
- Consumers are increasingly content with streaming music rather than owning it - over a quarter of consumers surveyed felt there was no point in ‘owning’ music anymore. Furthermore almost a third stated they felt subscription services (such as Spotify) are the future of buying music.
Though the market decline is slowing, consumers continue to shy away from purchasing physical music as using subscription services becomes the norm with more retailers investing in this service.
- Utilise our five year forecasts to 2022 for individual product categories to refocus your strategy on key areas of high growth.
- Review our analysis on key market issues and use our strategies to better compete in the current climate of economic uncertainty.
- Compare our analysis on major entertainment retailers; enhance your understanding of their strengths and weaknesses and retailers’ market share growth prospects.
- Recognise which consumers to target and how to attract them by utilising our shopper penetration data and understanding what influences their retailer selection and spending motivations.
- Realise the strength of the online entertainment market, reviewing retailers who are growing online market share and using their tactics to develop your own online strategy.
Table of Content: Key Points
The hot issues
What people buy
Where people shop
How people shop
Why people shop
Access report @ www.wiseguyreports.com/reports/226…-market-2017-2022
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!