"Smart Cities in Africa & the Middle East: Gaining traction as rates of urbanization increase", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the smart city market in Africa & the Middle East.
It delivers deep qualitative insight into the smart city market, analyzing key trends and smart city projects being implemented in the region, and the main smart city value chain and ecosystem dynamics in the region.
Request a sample of this report @ orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/1005292
Rapid urbanization and scarcity of resources have been pushing AME countries to look for smart solutions to ensure sustainability and rationalization of available resources. Most governments in Africa are focusing on providinng basic public services such as electricity, water and waster water management, while focus of more affluent Middle Eastern countries is on effiecenicy of city services.
African countries are also focusing on digital inclusion for successful implementaion of smart city initiatives.
Browse the complete report @ orbisresearch.com/reports/index/sm…nization-increase
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Smart cities in the global context; a look at smart city context worldwide and analysis of the smart city value-chain and the role of telcos;
- Situation of smart cities in Africa & the Middle East; an overview on the main city challenges in Africa & the Middle East and how this is driving smart city investments, and also an analysis of the telcos' role within Africa & the Middle East smart cities' projects;
- Smart city case studies; this section details the business model and strategy of smart city projects from Africa & the Middle East's select three countries.
- Key findings and recommendations; the Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for smart city stakeholders, including telecom service providers.
- Africa and the Middle East feature different levels of ICT infrastructure, which pose challenge in deployment of smart city solutions. Poor telecom infrastructure in many countries especially in Africa hurdles the development of smart city projects.
- The objectives of smart city initiatives vary across AME region depending on economic and social conditions of a country. Most African countries such as Rwanda and South Africa are more focused on providing better quality of life through smart city initiates (e.g., transportation, electricity and water projects) while affluent Middle Eastern countries such as Israel and United Arab Emirates are using smart city solutions to improve efficiency of city services and enhance security measures.
- Government plays the key role in leading the smart city projects as well as contributing funds for the initiatives in AME. Telcos are primarily engaged in providing connectivity through investments in 4G and fiber-optic networks.
Reasons to access
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the value chain and business models in the smart cities market in Africa & the Middle East to help executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesn’t, formulate effective product development plans and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
- Three case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the smart cities market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the smart cities market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for smart city market participants, including telecom service providers.
Access report @ orbisresearch.com/contacts/discount/1005292
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...