Smart grid sensors are expected to gain the highest traction in the smart grid market during the forecast period.
Download Sample Copy of Smart Grid Technology at
The smart grid market size is estimated to grow from USD 20.83 billion in 2017 to USD 50.65 billion by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 19.4%. The market is driven by factors the availability of hardware and connectivity devices at affordable cost, rising need for real-time information system, government policies and legislative mandates, regional government initiatives for smart meter roll-outs, increasing demand for integration of renewable energy sources, and increasing awareness about carbon footprint management.
However, the utility operators face various obstacles while adopting smart grid solutions, such as security concerns, data protection, and lack of a standardized and uniform technology for smart grid.
Key Target Audience
- Smart grid technology solution providers
- Utility platform and analytics vendors
- System integrators/migration service providers
- Consultants/consultancies/advisory firms
- Training and education service providers
- Support and maintenance service providers
- Network service providers
- Networking and Communication Service Providers (CSPs)
- Governments and urban planning agencies
- Smart cities stakeholders
- Investors and consultants
The smart grid ecosystem comprises service providers, such as
General Electric Company (New York, US), ABB Ltd.(Zurich, Switzerland), Siemens AG (Munich, Germany), Schneider Electric SA (Rueil-Malmaison, France), Itron, Inc. (Washington, US), Landis+Gyr (Zug, Switzerland), Aclara Technologies LLC (Missouri, US), Cisco Systems, Inc. (California, US), Open Systems International, Inc. (Minnesota, US), IBM Corporation (New York, US), Wipro Ltd. (Karnataka, India), Oracle Corporation (California, US), S&C Electric Company (Illinois, US), Eaton Corporation Plc (Dublin, Ireland), Kamstrup A/S (Skanderborg, Denmark), Trilliant Holdings, Inc. (North Carolina, US), NexGrid, LLC. ). Other stakeholders of the smart grid market include smart grid technology vendors and hardware providers.
Access complete report on Smart Grid Technology at
The break-up profiles of primary participants are given below:
- By company: Tier 1:41%, Tier 2:35%, and Tier 3:24%
- By designation: C-level:73%, Director level:19%, and Others:8%
- By region: North America:42%, Europe:21%, APAC:24%, and RoW:13%
North America is expected to hold the largest market share and dominate the smart grid market from 2017 to 2022. The region has been extremely responsive toward adopting the latest technological advancements, such as Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), smart grid distribution management, smart grid communication, and substation automation.
The major growth drivers for this region are the large-scale investments in the smart grid and smart cities projects and the need for better smart grids and control mechanisms. The Middle East and Africa (MEA) region is in the initial growth phase; however, it is the fastest-growing region in the global smart grid market.
The region has huge reservoirs of conventional and renewable energy sources. High adoption of solutions to minimize outages and revenue losses, along with better smart grid and control, has led to a wider demand of smart grid solutions in the MEA region.
Browse complete report on "Smart Grid Market by Software (AMI, Smart Grid Distribution Management, Smart Grid Communication, Grid Asset Management, Substation Automation, and Billing and Customer Information System), Hardware, Service, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022" with 73 Market Data Tables and 48 Figures spread through 177 Pages and in-depth TOC , Now available at
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the smart grid market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across different regions.
- This report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: RnRMarketResearch.com is an online database of market research reports offers in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.