Waste to energy is one of the most effective alternative energy options to reduce carbon emissions and to save limited fossil fuel resources used by traditional power plants. In 2015, waste to energy plants in Europe supplied energy to around 18 million population and 15.2 million population with heat from the treatment of 90 million tons of household waste. Waste to energy does not compete with recycling. Majority of the countries in the European region such as Austria, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands have a high recycling rates and also a high rate of waste to energy.
According to a new market intelligence report by BIS Research, titled ‘Europe Waste to Energy Market - Analysis and Forecast (2018-2023)’, the Europe waste to energy market is expected to reach $21.99 billion by 2023, rising at a CAGR of 6.50% from 2018 to 2023. Europe has significantly been the leading market for waste to energy technologies. The region has witnessed a strong growth in terms of waste to energy capacities since 2008. The region’s economy and legislation are the major factors driving the growth of the market.
Energy generated from waste is an important renewable energy source, thus it is important to consider the composition of the different types of waste. Municipal solid waste (MSW) which is collected from residential, industrial and commercial sources is the majorly used waste material for energy production. However, construction waste, agricultural waste, medical waste, and hazardous waste, among others are also being used at a rapid pace to generate energy from waste.
This report is a meticulous compilation of research on more than 30 players in the Europe waste to energy ecosystem and draws upon the insights from in-depth interviews with the key opinion leaders of more than 20 leading companies, market participants, and vendors. The report also profiles 12 leading companies which include The Babcock & Wilcox Company, China Everbright International Limited, Suez Management, Veolia Environment, Waste Management Inc., Covanta Energy, and Hitachi Zosen Inova Ag ,among others.
Key questions answered in the report:
- What is the Europe waste to energy market size in terms of revenue from 2017-2023, and what will be with the growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023?
- What are the major technologies used in the Europe waste to energy market to convert waste generated into energy in terms of revenue generation and future growth?
- What are the major types of applications in the Europe waste to energy market in terms of revenue generation and future growth?
- What are the major waste types in the Europe waste to energy market in terms of revenue generation and future growth?
- What is the waste volume generated by the key countries in Europe in the year 2012 and the expected volume to be generated by the year 2023?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the market pertaining to countries included in the Europe region?
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the industry based on the analysis of the futuristic scenario of Europe waste to energy?
- What are the major driving forces that are expected to increase the demand for Europe waste to energy market during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the Europe waste to energy market?
- What kind of new strategies are adopted by the existing market players to expand their market position in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the Europe waste to energy market based on the analysis of their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: As an Owl on top of the Globe (Our Logo), BIS Research is continuously scanning, analyzing, and predicting emerging technology areas and reporting the same for your business growth. BIS Research is a global technology research and advisory company which focuses on the emerging trends in technology which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market. We strive to provide information about such uncharted territories to our clients so as to facilitate their decision making process. BIS Researc ...