Discover how technology and robo-advice can be used to encourage individuals to save pensions and give advice at retirement, ultimately increasing customer engagement.
- Restart your WhaTech membership at anytime. -
The pre- and post-retirement markets have seen some big changes over the last few years. The state pension has been changed from a two-tier to a flat-rate model.
The state pension age is steadily increasing to relieve pressure on the government, as the UK population is aging and individuals are living longer. Auto-enrolment will continue to be a big driver of growth in work- and trust-based pensions, as will buyouts as employers look to de-risk.
- Restart your WhaTech membership at anytime. -
New pension freedoms have given customers more flexibility in how they take money from their pensions. The impact has been that fewer individuals are opting to buy an annuity, instead opting for income drawdown or cash withdrawals.
There is a greater need for advice, but there is an advice gap where those with small pots are going without as independent financial advisors concentrate their business on wealthier individuals following the Retail Distribution Review.
GET SAMPLE REPORT @ www.wiseguyreports.com/sample-requ…sions-market-2017
- This report explores the pre- and post-retirement markets.
- It discusses recent legislation such as changes to the state pension, auto-enrolment, the Retail Distribution Review, and the new pension freedoms.
- It explains the impacts of legislation with regards to market sizing, distribution, how people are saving their pensions, and how people are taking their pension pots at retirement.
- The size of the pensions market has been forecast to 2021.
- There is also a focus on how technology and robo-advice can encourage pension saving and understanding of pension options.
Reasons to access
- Understand the impacts of recent legislation on consumer behavior in the pre- and post-retirement markets.
- Discover how technology and robo-advice can be used to encourage individuals to save pensions and give advice at retirement, ultimately increasing customer engagement.
- See how the UK pensions market is forecast to grow over the next five years.
Table of Content: Key Points
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 3
1.1. The pensions market has undergone large reforms 3
1.2. Key findings 3
1.3. Critical success factors 3
- THE STATE PENSION 3
2.1. Introduction 3
2.2. Pressure is increasing on the state pension 3
2.2.1. The UK’s aging population is putting pressure on the state pension 3
2.2.2. To relieve pressure, the state pension age is increasing 3
2.2.3. The state pension has moved to a flat rate model 3
2.2.4. The ‘triple lock’ has been in force since 2011 3
2.2.5. The triple lock may be scrapped following the upcoming general election 3
- SAVING FOR RETIREMENT 3
3.1. Pension saving is more important than ever 3
3.1.1. Individuals must make their own pension savings outside of the state pension 3
3.1.2. The UK pensions market grew by 10.7% during 2013-16 3
3.1.3. Personal pensions and SIPPs have driven growth in the individual pensions market 3
3.1.4. Workplace pensions have remained flat 3
3.1.5. Trust-based pensions have grown due to auto-enrolment 3
3.2. Auto-enrolment has been introduced to increase pension savings 3
3.2.1. All employers will be required to provide a pension to eligible workers by February 2018 3
3.2.2. Minimum auto-enrolment contributions will reach 8% by 2019 3
3.2.3. Non-eligible individuals or those opting-out may not have sufficient savings at retirement 3
3.2.4. 1.23 million UK businesses will be required to provide a workplace pension by 2018 3
3.2.5. Auto-enrolment will put pressure on UK businesses 3
3.2.6. NEST is the government pension scheme for auto-enrolment 3
3.2.7. Restrictions on NEST pensions have been lifted, which could disrupt the pensions market 3
3.3. The pension market is predicted to be worth £17.5bn APE by 2021 3
3.3.1. The UK pensions market is forecast to grow significantly over the next five years 3
- PENSION FREEDOMS 3
4.1. Pensions freedoms have made accessing a pension more flexible 3
4.1.1. Changes have been made to the way individuals can access their pot at retirement 3
ACCESS REPORT @ www.wiseguyreports.com/reports/141…sions-market-2017
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!