UK Personal Injury Litigation 2017", report is an in-depth study into the claims landscape of the personal injury market, which covers motor, employers’ liability, public liability, and clinical negligence. It explores the change in claims numbers over time and in relation to reforms such as LASPO.
- Advertising -
It also discusses upcoming regulatory changes such as the Civil Liability Bill and the discount rate, and the future impact these will have in the personal injury space. The role of CMCs and solicitors is explored and how this is likely to change in future.
- Advertising -
Request a sample of this report @ www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/364362
The personal injury sector continues its turbulent course of market-changing reform, with legislative, legal, and regulatory forces at work. While the market was just beginning to settle and adjust post-Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 (LASPO), a second round of reforms are due to come into play.
The Civil Liability Bill will raise the limit in the small claims track to £5,000 for road traffic accident (RTA) claims and £2,000 for all other personal injury claims. For RTA-related soft tissue injury claims it will additionally introduce claims tariffs and ban pre-medical offers.
However, any benefits from upcoming reforms will be cancelled out by the change in the Ogden rate from 2.5% to -0.75%, which has increased claims costs for insurers. Claims management companies (CMCs) are continuing to consolidate and diversify their profits.
A Financial Guidance and Claims Bill will strengthen the regulation of CMCs. Regulators continue to audit the market and issue fines for unlawful behavior such as nuisance calls.
Solicitors are also consolidating and under financial stress.
- The total number of personal injury claims recorded during 2016-17 has fallen by 0.3% to 978,816 year-on-year. Recorded claims in 2016-17 have dipped only marginally below the levels seen pre-LASPO in 2010-11.
- Motor claims rose by 1.2% in 2016-17, whereas employers’ liability and public liability claims declined by 15.2% and 7.8% respectively. Clinical negligence claims have remained flat year-on-year.
- Holiday sickness claims are an emerging area of personal injury claims but are not expected to last beyond six to 12 months, due to regulatory clampdown.
Browse the complete report @ www.orbisresearch.com/reports/inde…y-litigation-2017
Reasons to access
- Be prepared for how upcoming legislation will impact personal injury insurers, CMCs, and solicitors.
- See how claims numbers are changing across the personal injury market and by specific insurance type.
- Discover emerging areas of personal injury claims.
Slater & Gordon
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...
For more information: