The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2016-20f).
Pune, India, 8thAugust 2017: WiseGuyReports announced addition of new report, titled “The Cards and Payments Industry in Malaysia: Emerging trends and opportunities to 2020”.
"The Cards and Payments Industry in Malaysia: Emerging trends and opportunities to 2020", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Malaysian cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including credit transfers, payment cards, cash, direct debits, and cheques during the review-period (2012-16e).
The report brings together research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Malaysian cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Malaysian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including credit transfers, cash, cheques, direct debit, and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis and payment methods.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Malaysian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit and charge cards.
- Malaysia’s payment card market has recorded strong uptake in contactless technology, with all major banks including Maybank, Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN), CIMB Bank, Public Bank, and Hong Leong Bank now offering contactless cards. The number of contactless POS terminals stood at 33,721 in 2016, increasing almost sevenfold from 4,839 terminals in 2015.
To further encourage contactless payments, banks are launching innovative products. Maybank collaborated with Visa in January 2016 to launch an NFC wristband, Maybank Visa Payband, to enable its customers to make payments with a wave of the wrist.
- A growing preference for secure electronic payments, growth in the young population, and deeper smartphone penetration saw banks, payment service providers, and telecom companies launching new payment solutions to gain market share. Samsung Electronics, CIMB Bank, and Maybank all launched mobile wallets between 2016 and 2017.
- BNM launched the Malaysian Chip Card Specification initiative in 2014 as part of a shift towards EMV standards. According to BNM, complete migration to EMV standards with contactless functionality is expected to be completed by January 1, 2018.
As a result, from 2015 banks gradually started to replace domestic debit cards with EMV-compliant cards with contactless functionality.
Reasons to access
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Malaysian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Malaysian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Malaysian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Malaysia.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Malaysian cards and payments industry.
Table of Content: Key Points
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 2
1.1. Market overview 2
1.2. Key facts 4
1.3. Top five industry events 5
- PAYMENT INSTRUMENTS 11
2.1. Current payment environment 11
- E-COMMERCE AND ALTERNATIVE PAYMENTS 13
3.1. E-commerce market analysis 13
3.2. Alternative payment solutions 15
3.2.1. PayPal 15
3.2.2. CIMB Pay 15
3.2.3. Samsung Pay 15
3.2.4. JomPAY 15
3.2.5. MPay 16
3.2.6. Masterpass 16
3.2.7. Visa Checkout 16
3.2.8. Alipay 16
3.2.9. Maybank Pay 16
3.2.10. MOLPoints 17
3.2.11. Mobile Money 17
3.2.12. Celcom AirCash 17
- REGULATIONS IN THE CARDS AND PAYMENTS INDUSTRY 18
4.1. Regulatory framework 18
4.1.1. Revised eligibility requirements for credit card issuance 18
4.1.2. Regulations to enhance credit card security 18
4.1.3. Agent banking requirements 18
4.2. Anti-money laundering 19
4.3. Foreign direct investment regulations 19
- ANALYSIS OF CARDS AND PAYMENTS INDUSTRY DRIVERS 20
- PAYMENT CARDS 23
- DEBIT CARDS 25
7.1. Debit card market analysis 25
7.2. Competition in the debit card market 27
7.3. Debit card comparison 29
- PAY-LATER CARDS 30
8.1. Pay-later card market analysis 30
8.2. Competition in the pay-later card market 32
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information: