It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cash, cheques, and payment cards during the review-period (2012-16).
- Restart your WhaTech membership at anytime. -
Pune, India, 10thAugust 2017: WiseGuyReports announced addition of new report, titled “The Cards and Payments Industry in Indonesia: Emerging trends and opportunities to 2021”.
"The Cards and Payments Industry in Indonesia : Emerging trends and opportunities to 2021", report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Indonesian cards and payments industry.
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2017e-21f).
- Restart your WhaTech membership at anytime. -
GET SAMPLE REPORT @ www.wiseguyreports.com/sample-requ…and-opportunities
The report brings together research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Indonesian cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Indonesian cards and payments industry, including debit, credit and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cash, cheques, and payment cards. It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- E-commerce market analysis and payment methods.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Indonesian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit and charge cards.
- Bank Indonesia, the country’s central bank, is enhancing the security of payment systems in order to build customer confidence in payment cards. In this regard, the government has mandated the migration of all payment cards to EMV standards by December 31, 2021.
Similarly, as of July 1, 2017 the central bank has mandated the adoption of six-digit PINs for debit and ATM cards, instead of four-digit PINs.
- Up until February 2016, the e-commerce market was in the government’s “Negative Investment” list - and thereby foreign investors were not allowed to invest in local companies or set up a business. To boost investment in the domestic e-commerce market, the government introduced a new foreign direct investment policy in February 2016 allowing 100% foreign ownership of e-commerce companies for investments over $7.4m (IDR100bn), while for investments between $740,000 (IDR10bn) and $7.4m (IDR100bn), foreign ownership was capped at 49%.
However, the former regulation was later revised in May 2016 to limit foreign ownership up to 49% in e-commerce companies.
- Consumers in Indonesia are gradually adopting contactless payments. Consequently, Visa launched its contactless service Visa payWave in Indonesia in September 2016.
This service enables Visa card holders to make contactless transactions without a PIN for transactions below $74.0 (IDR1m). Following this, Bank CIMB Niaga, Bank Tabungan Pensiunan Negara, UOB Indonesia, and Bank Mandiri adopted this technology.
Reasons to access- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Indonesian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Indonesian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Indonesian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Indonesia.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Indonesian cards and payments industry.
Table of Content: Key Points
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 2
1.1. Market overview 2
1.3. Key facts 4
1.4. Top five industry events 5
- PAYMENT INSTRUMENTS 11
2.1. Current payment environment 11
- E-COMMERCE AND ALTERNATIVE PAYMENTS 13
3.1. E-commerce market analysis 13
3.3. Alternative payment solutions 15
3.3.1. PayPal 15
3.3.2. Sakuku 15
3.3.3. Mandiri e-Cash 15
3.3.4. Straight2Bank 16
3.3.5. Dompetku 16
3.3.6. XL-Tunai 16
3.3.7. TCASH 16
3.3.8. mVisa 17
3.3.9. DOKU 17
3.3.10. Fortumo 17
3.3.11. BBM Money 17
- REGULATIONS IN THE CARDS AND PAYMENTS INDUSTRY 18
4.1. Regulatory framework 18
4.1.1. Regulations related to card issuers 18
4.1.2. Regulations related to credit cards 18
4.1.3. Electronic banking regulations 19
4.2. Anti-money laundering 19
4.3. Foreign direct investment regulations 19
- ANALYSIS OF CARDS AND PAYMENTS INDUSTRY DRIVERS 21
- PAYMENT CARDS 23
- DEBIT CARDS 25
ACCESS REPORT @ www.wiseguyreports.com/reports/170…and-opportunities
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!