-Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry. - Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.Market has continued to be more buoyant than most European markets risen by 23.4% in 2017.
- Advertising -
Access Full Report: www.reportsandmarkets.com/reports/…et-in-sweden-2017
The Baby Food Market in Sweden 2017
"The Baby Food Market in Sweden 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Swedish market.
Sweden baby food market has continued to be more buoyant than most European markets - a result of the upward trend in the number of births, as well as a relatively favorable economic climate, demand for premium products, and high levels of female employment. Unusually, cereals and wet meals account for the vast majority of sales in Sweden.
Milks account for only 14.5% of total value.
- Advertising -
The popularity of vÃ¤lling, a traditional, milk-based gruel, alongside high levels of breastfeeding, has held back the development of the infant formula sector. Rise in baby food consumption, is anticipated largely as a result of the increasing number of live births and strong growth in milks, and to a slightly lesser extent in meals.
Per capita consumption will increase only marginally.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
- Up to 2010 the number of live births increased annually, although 2011 saw a sharp drop of 3.3%. However, since then, the numbers have once again begun to climb, with a particularly strong increase in 2016.
- The baby food market has continued to be more buoyant than most European markets. Since 2010 sales have risen by 23.4% in 2016.
- Unusually, cereals and wet meals account for the vast majority of sales in Sweden, taking 85% of retail value and 92% of market volume. Milks account for only 14.5% of value and 7.2% of volume sales.
- Sweden produces a significant proportion of its own baby food with Hero having a plant in GÃ¶tene. Exports have risen significantly in terms of volume since 2012 and in 2015 stood at tons, worth â¬million.
- The market is effectively a duopoly shared by Semper (Hero) and NestlÃ© Sverige. Both companies are long-established in what is itself the longest-established commercial baby food market in the world.
- Baby food is a mainstream grocery market, with only specialized baby milks and a limited number of other products being sold exclusively through pharmacies. Within the grocery sector, larger chains have been increasing their share of sales.
- Baby food consumption is anticipated to rise by 15.5% between 2016 and 2022. Growth will be largely as a result of the increasing number of live births predicted by the Swedish Statistical Office and strong growth in milks, and to a slightly lesser extent in meals.
Reasons to access
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Reports And Markets are part of the Algoro Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe. Are you mastering your market? Do you know what the market potential is for your product, who the market players are and what the growth forecast is? We offer standard global, regional or country specific market research studies for almost every market you can imagine ...
For more information: