Whey is traditionally formed by the watery portion of milk when separated from curd. Whey is denatured under extreme heating conditions and then pasteurized further, which leads to the formation of a protein gel.
- Advertising -
Whey protein is considered as a complete protein supplement as it is composed of all the nine essential amino acids. These proteins are versatile in their usage and find wide number of applications extensively in infant formulae, bakery & confectioneries, and dairy products.
Moreover, functional beverages, such as sack and wine, employ whey as a major ingredient in their production processes. Whey proteins are a mixture of spheroproteins, which are derived from whey during the production of cheese.
- Advertising -
The market for whey protein ingredients has considerably grown in the recent past due to rapid consumption of whey protein in sports nutrition and in bakery and confectionery products. The global whey protein ingredients market was valued at $8,216 million in 2015, and is projected to reach $15,037 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 9.2% from 2016 to 2022.
This is attributed to rapid growth of applications, increase in demand for whey protein ingredients from beverage industry, rapid growth of the dairy products, and rise in investments in processing of meat products.
Request for Sample Copy@ https://goo.gl/2Ofrs3
At present, the global whey protein ingredients market witnesses vivid opportunities due to the increase in demand for dairy ingredients/alternatives among consumers globally. Moreover, increase in use of whey protein ingredients as wellness trend is another key factor that augments the growth of the global whey protein ingredients market.
Also, increase in popularity of whey supplements among youngsters as well as pediatric milk segments especially in emerging economies along with advancements in the production technologies are some key factors that accelerate the growth of the global market. In addition, increase in the demand for high quality protein supplements by food industry is another key element that drives the global whey protein ingredients market.
Furthermore, Asia-Pacific and Latin America fuel the overall demand for whey protein ingredients owing to increase in number of working women and health conscious population. However, undefined regulatory guidelines, fluctuating milk prices, as well as issues associated with increase in number of diseases among animals are some of the key elements anticipated to hamper the growth of the market during the forecast period.
The global whey protein ingredients market is segmented based on type, applications, and geography. Based on type, the market is classified into whey protein concentrates (WPC), whey protein isolates (WPI), hydrolyzed whey protein (HWP), and demineralized whey protein (DWP).
WPC is further sub segmented into whey protein concentrates 80 and 35. The whey protein concentrate segment dominated the global market in 2014, and is anticipated to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
Based on application, the market is divided into bakery & confectionery, dairy products & frozen foods, sports nutrition, beverages, meat products, medicine, and others (personal care and infant nutrition). The sports nutrition application segment is estimated to grow at a significant CAGR of 10.3% during the forecast period.
Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. North-America accounted for more than one-third share of the total revenue in 2015, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Leading market players have largely invested in R&D activities to develop advanced products to cater to the demand for end users.
For Report Enquiry@ goo.gl/T22nbX
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and opportunities in the global whey protein ingredients market.
- The report includes a detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of the current market estimations during the forecast period to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided in the report.
- Comprehensive regional analysis of the market based on primary as well as secondary sources is provided.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and by monitoring the top competitors.
- The report provides extensive qualitative insights on the potential and niche segments or regions.
- The report provides key insights on strategic analysis of various companies and value chain analysis of the market.
Whey Protein Ingredients Market Key Segments:
- Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
o WPC 80
o WPC 35
- Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
- Hydrolyzed Whey Protein (HWP)
- Demineralized Whey Protein (DWP)
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Dairy Products and Frozen Foods
- Sports Nutrition
- Meat Products
- Others (Personal Care and Infant nutrition)
- North America
o Rest of Europe
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
o South Africa
o Rest of LAMEA
KEY PLAYERS PROFILED
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Catalent, Inc.
- Connecticut Hypodermics, Inc.
- EXELINT International Co.
- MedPro Safety Products, Inc.
- Medtronic plc,
- Retractable Technologies, Inc.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: With the arsenal of different search reports, we help you here to look and buy research reports that will be helpful to you and your organization. Our research reports have the capability and authenticity to support your organization for growth and consistency. With the window of opportunity getting open and shut at a speed of light, it has become very important to survive in the market and only the fittest and competent enough can do so. So, we try and provide with latest changes in the market ...
For more information: