The Philippines baby food market declined between 2010 and 2016, with development constrained by increased breastfeeding and low incomes, depressing per capita consumption, and this was compounded by the decline in the number of births. Although value sales rose in current terms, this was equivalent to a 10% fall at constant prices.
- Agency -.
"The Baby Food Market in Philippines 2017" is an analytical report which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Philippines market.
Cereals performed best, followed by meals and other baby food, although milks are by far the largest sector.
- Agency -.
Multinationals dominate: in 2016, Nestlé/Wyeth and Mead Johnson together accounted for over 80% of value. The baby food market is forecast to grow, fueled by a rise in the number of babies, and by increased per capita consumption.
Consumption will increase with milks remaining by far the dominant sector, despite showing the slowest growth. The very under-developed meals and others sectors will show the strongest growth.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
- In Philippines baby food market, value sales are down by 9.8% and the value of the market has risen by 7.1% in current terms between 2010 and 2016, which is equivalent to a 10.4% fall at constant 2010 prices.
- Milks are by far the largest sector, accounting for 83.8% of value sales in 2016, and baby meals is the fastest-growing baby food category in value terms, but still represents less than 5% of the market.
- In 2016, Nestlé (including Wyeth) and Mead Johnson together accounted for 81% of value sales, as a result of their strength in the dominant milks sector.
- The Philippines has a well-developed infant formula industry, but most other products are imported.
- Supermarkets dominate all sectors, but pharmacies and small-scale grocery outlets continue to play a role, especially in the milks sector.
- The baby food market is forecast to grow by 22.5% between 2016 and 2022, as this is be fuelled by the gently growing number of babies, and by an increase in per capita consumption, due to higher living standards and disposable income.
Reasons to access
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Table of Content: Key Points
Background to the Market
Production and Trade
Prospects and Forecasts
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information: