The baby food market in Netherlands is well established and consumption levels are high, but sales have been adversely affected by lower numbers of births and by the generally sluggish economy.
Baby Food Market in Netherlands 2017 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. This report offers
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
- The volume sales of baby food in the Netherlands are down by 15% and the value sales are down by 9.4% in current price terms.
- Baby meals account for the highest proportion of volume sales, claiming 47% of total consumption and in terms of value, milks accounted for 45% of retail sales in 2016.
- The market is dominated by Danone with 54% of the total market. Hero is in second place; although with a value share of 12%.
- The Netherlands is one of Europe’s largest producers of infant formula. FrieslandCampina, Mead Johnson, Danone, Nestlé, and Ausnutria Hyproca, via Lyempf, Lypack, and Hyproca, all produce locally.
- Majority of baby food is sold through hypermarkets and supermarkets, with the remainder going through pharmacies and drugstores. Online sales are growing.
- During the next six years retail sales are expected to rise by 11.5%. Consumption is forecast to fare less well: in 2022, i.e., decline of 4.3% over 2016.
To access full report with TOC Baby Food Market in Netherlands 2017.
Reasons to access
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Danone Baby Food & Medical Nutrition Hero Nederland BV Nestlé Nederland BV Ella’s Kitchen Benelux Coflace Food Hipp FrieslandCampina Joannusmolen
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Reportstack is one of the largest online libraries of market research publications. At Reportstack, users can find top-level research products from the leading publishers at one place. The best in practice web technology implemented by Reportstack enhances overall user experience and changes the way people buy research reports online. The market coverage spans across multiple verticals including but not limited to: Pharma & Healthcare, Automotive & Transport, Manufacturing & Industry ...
For more information: