Due to the country’s large share of lower-earning consumers, there is a high degree of price sensitivity across all channels, and the availability of good value and inexpensive offerings is a key driving factor across the profit sector foodservice market.
- Agency -.
Pune, India, 20 July 2017: WiseGuyReports announced addition of new report, titled “The Philippines - The Future of Foodservice to 2021”.
"The Philippines - The Future of Foodservice to 2021", provides extensive insight and analysis of the Philippines' foodservice market over the next five years (2016-2021) and acts as a vital point of reference for operators or suppliers.
Overall revenue in the Filipino foodservice profit sector rose at a CAGR of 4.2% between 2014 and 2016. Value growth is forecast to accelerate to 2021, at a strong CAGR of 5.1%, in line with rising incomes, accelerated pace of urbanization and increased consumer confidence.
- Agency -.
As incomes and urbanization continue to rise, convenience is expected to become an increasingly important consideration. Shopping malls are the de facto centers of Filipino city districts, and are therefore central to future expansion across foodservice channels.
The report includes -
- Overview of the Philippines' macro-economic landscape: Detailed analysis of current macro-economic factors and their impact on the Filipino foodservice market including GDP per capita, consumer price index, population growth and annual household income distribution.
- Growth dynamics: In-depth data and forecasts of key channels (QSR, FSR, Coffee & Tea Shops and Pubs, Clubs & Bars) within the Filipino foodservice market, including the value of the market, number of transactions, number of outlets and average transaction price.
- Customer segmentation: indentify the most important demographic groups, buying habits and motivations that drive out-of-home meal occasions among segments of the Filipino population.
- Key players: Overview of market leaders within the four major channels including business descriptions and number of outlets.
- Case Studies: Learn from examples of recent successes and failures within the Filipino foodservice market.
- The QSR channel is the largest channel by revenue in the Philippines’ profit sector foodservice market, accounting for approximately 38.0% of total sector revenue in 2016. Although independent operators claimed a 62.5% share of channel revenue in 2016, the top twenty QSR brands in the country, led by Duskin Co.'s Mister Donut, home-grown Jollibee and global giants McDonald's and KFC, accounted for a combined 29.4% share of the market.
- The FSR channel is the Philippines’ second largest profit sector foodservice channel in terms of sales value, accounting for 21.1% of total sector revenue in 2016. To 2021, the channel will see a rising demand for convenience.
Delivery services and a growing presence of FSR outlets in shopping malls will be key to meeting this demand. As incomes rise, health concerns will also drive a growing share of consumers’ foodservice decisions.
- Branding plays a key role in the Filipino coffee & tea shop channel, with consumers willing to seek out, and travel to visit, their favorite branded operator. As smartphones become more embedded in the Philippines, especially among the young and affluent consumers, brand loyalty can be leveraged by launching smartphone-based loyalty schemes.
Added-value convenience factors, such as free Wi-Fi, are also popular, and drive visits by consumers wishing to utilize the space to work and socialize with colleagues.
Reasons to access
- Specific forecasts of the Filipino foodservice market over the next five years (2016-2021) will give readers the ability to make informed business decisions through identifying emerging/declining markets.
- Consumer segmentation detailing the desires of known consumers among all major foodservice channels (QSR, FSR, Coffee & Tea Shops and Pubs, Clubs & Bars) will allow readers understand the wants and needs of their target demographics.
- Relevant case studies will allow readers to learn from and apply lessons discovered by emerging and major players within the Filipino foodservice market.
Table of Content: Key Points
GDP and Consumer Price Index
Population and demographic highlights
Annual household income distribution
Introducing the Consumer Segments
Consumer segment profiles and key identification metrics
Segment engagement overview in four key profit sector channels
Profit Sector Metrics
Key metric highlights
Value share and growth by channel
Outlets and transactions growth by channel
Operator buying volumes and growth by channel
Channel historic and future growth dynamics
Outlet type and type of ownership growth dynamics
Profit Sector by Channel
Quick Service Restaurants (QSR)
Summary and key take-out
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information: