Yogurt is a low calorie, low sugar, and digestive food product made from whole, low fat, or skimmed milk.
- Advertising -
The global yogurt market was valued at $77,679 million in 2016, and is projected to reach at $107,209 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2017 to 2023.
This product is also manufactured in the form of non-dairy delicacies under the name of coconut yogurt and soy yogurt. It may consist of fermenting bacterial cultures, sweeteners, flavors, color additives, stabilizers, emulsifiers, and preservatives depending upon the way of production.
- Advertising -
The flavored variety of yogurt ranges from simple vanilla with added sugar to different fruit flavored types available in the market.
Asia-Pacific is the leading region in the global yogurt market with largest market share and highest CAGR during the forecast period. This is attributed to huge production in different countries of the region such as China, Japan, India, and others.
The primary drivers of the market include health benefits associated with consuming yogurt and increasing awareness among people for losing weight. Other factors supporting the market growth are expansion of retail market in various regions and the lower lactose content for lactose intolerant people willing to eat dairy product
However, artificial additives & ingredients, often added to the yogurt and hormonal treatment of cows that may cause fatal diseases, are some of the few factors expected to restrict people from buying yogurt, thus, limiting the market growth. Growth in demand for yogurt in the emerging nations owing to rise in disposable income as well as increase in health awareness are expected to provide numerous opportunities for the expansion of the global yogurt market.
The report segments the global yogurt market based on type, distribution channel, and geography. By type, it is divided into set yogurt, greek yogurt, yogurt drinks, and frozen yogurt.
The yogurt drinks segment is further fragmented into regular and flavored yogurt market. Based on distribution channel, it is categorized into supermarkets/hypermarkets, independent retailers, specialist retailers, convenience stores, and others.
Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA and detailed description of the countries of respective regions.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics in the global yogurt market from 2016 to 2023, in terms of value and volume.
- Detailed analysis of the market by type helps understand the different types of yogurt products that are currently in use, and the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to offer a competitive advantage to stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and help strengthen their supplier & buyer network.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Market share for all segments with respect to each geography is detailed in the report, which helps understand the trends in the industry at granular level.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Set Yogurt
- Greek Yogurt
- Yogurt Drinks
- Frozen Yogurt
By Distribution Channel
- Independent Retailers
- Specialist Retailers
- Convenience Stores
- Others (Online & Home Deliveries)
- North America
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: With the arsenal of different search reports, we help you here to look and buy research reports that will be helpful to you and your organization. Our research reports have the capability and authenticity to support your organization for growth and consistency. With the window of opportunity getting open and shut at a speed of light, it has become very important to survive in the market and only the fittest and competent enough can do so. So, we try and provide with latest changes in the market ...
For more information: