Savory Snacks Sector in South Africa - 2017
- Agency -.
High disposable income coupled with long working hours and busy lifestyles are driving consumers to snack more often, thus driving demand for convenient and widely available Savory Snacks in South Africa. The sector is led by the Potato Chips market, while the Pretzels market is expected to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021, in value terms.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for savory snacks in the country.
- Agency -.
PepsiCo and AVI are the leading players in the sector.
Country Profile report on the Savory Snacks sector in South Africa provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021
- Market coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ethnic/Traditional Snacks, Meat Snacks, Nuts and Seeds, Popcorn, Potato Chips, Pretzels and Processed Snacks with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack type in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Metal, and Rigid Plastics, and others; pack type data for: Bag/Sachet, Film, Stand Up Pouch, Can, Speciality container, Tray, and Jar.
- The Savory Snacks sector in South Africa is forecast to grow at 4.8% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- Potato Chips is the largest market in both value and volume terms in South African Savory Snacks sector
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the largest distribution channel, followed by Convenience Stores
- PepsiCo is the leading brand in value terms in South African Savory Snacks sector
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used package material in South African Savory Snacks sector
Key points to access
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Savory Snacks products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.
Table of Contents
- Report Scope
- Executive summary
- South Africa in the global and regional context
- Market size analysis - Savory Snacks sector
- Market and category analysis
- Distribution analysis
- Competitive landscape
- Health & Wellness analysis
- Packaging analysis
- Macroeconomic analysis
- About GlobalData
17. Contact Us
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information: