Portugal - The Future of Foodservice- 2017
"Portugal - The Future of Foodservice to 2020", published by provides extensive insight and analysis of the Portugal’s Foodservice market over the next five years (2015-2020) and acts as a vital point of reference for operators or suppliers.
Overall revenue in the Portuguese foodservice profit sector grew at a CAGR of 3.5% between 2013 and 2015. This represents strong post recessionary growth for the sector, despite fragile growth in the wider economy.
The FSR channel in particular has seen strong growth, as consumers return to foodservice following Portugal's deep recession. Consumers however remain value-focused and will seek out offers and discounts for their favourite operators.
There is also an emerging demand for convenience in multiple channels. A lowering of VAT from 2016 in foodservice is forecast to have a further positive impact on the sector.
The report includes –
- Overview of Portugal’s macro-economic landscape: Detailed analysis of current macro-economic factors and their impact on Portugal’s foodservice market including GDP per capita, consumer price index, population growth and annual household income distribution.
- Growth dynamics: In-depth data and forecasts of key channels (QSR, FSR, Coffee & Tea Shops, Pubs, Clubs and Bars) within Portugal’s foodservice market, including the value of the market, number of transactions, number of outlets and average transaction price.
- Customer segmentation: identify the most important demographic groups, buying habits and motivations that drive out-of-home meal occasions among segments of the Portuguese population.
- Key players: Overview of market leaders within the four major channels including business descriptions and number of outlets.
- Case Studies: Learn from examples of recent successes and failures within the Portuguese foodservice market.
- Portugal has a strong local food culture, with consumers who value locally produced and influenced food. There is, however, a growing interest in international flavors and cuisines.
Operators specializing in local food will also benefit from an increase in tourism to Portugal’s cities.
- Convenience factors are increasingly driving consumers’ purchasing decisions in Portugal. Takeaway transactions and "rushed lunchtimes" are becoming more prevalent amongst urban consumers.
"Family dining" and traditional eating habits are reducing in importance.
- As the Portuguese economy continues to recover, consumers are reverting to demanding quality over value, as well as localized options, from foodservice operators. This presents opportunities for the FSR channel to grow, and for operators in the QSR channel to premiumize.
Key points to access
- Specific forecasts of the Portuguese foodservice market over the next five years (2015-2020) will give readers the ability to make informed business decisions through identifying emerging/declining markets.
- Consumer segmentation detailing the desires of known consumers among all major foodservice channels (QSR, FSR, Coffee & Tea shops, Pubs, Clubs and Bars) will allow readers understand the wants and needs of their target demographics.
- Relevant case studies will allow readers to learn from and apply lessons discovered by emerging and major players within the Portugal’s foodservice market.
Table of Contents
GDP and Consumer Price Index
Population and demographic highlights
Annual household income distribution
Introducing the Consumer Segments
Consumer segment profiles and key identification metrics
Segment engagement overview in three key profit sector channels
Profit Sector Metrics
Key metric highlights
Value share and growth by channel
Outlets and transactions growth by channel
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!