The decline in the number of births, allied to the economic crisis, has brought about a corresponding drop in the consumption of Baby Food in Greece. A traditional approach to food preparation still prevails, although prior to the economic crisis there had been a clear move towards the purchase of convenience foods.
- Agency -.
Pune, India, 18th September 2017: WiseGuyReports announced addition of new report, titled “The Baby Food Sector in Greece 2017”.
"The Baby Food Sector in Greece 2017", is an analytical report by which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Greek market.
- Agency -.
- Agency -.
Price has become a major purchasing criterion as a result of shrinking household incomes. The economy is expected to show slow but accelerating growth but any improvements will take some time to percolate through to the majority of the population.
Research estimates that the number of live births will continue to fall, seriously hampering any potential recovery of baby food sales. Between 2016 and 2022, total consumption is not expected to grow, although retail sales will see growth of just over 10%.
GET SAMPLE REPORT @ www.wiseguyreports.com/sample-requ…or-in-greece-2017
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry
- The decline in the number of births, allied to the economic crisis, has brought about a corresponding drop in consumption.
- Per capita intake in 2016 stood at kg, the lowest rate in Western Europe, and has fallen by almost 8% between 2010 and 2017.
- Milks form the largest category at 45% of volume, with growing-up milks gaining ground in a shrinking market. The decline in the number of births has depressed sales of first- and second-stage milks.
- Exports fell to million in 2016. Cyprus was the only significant destination in milks & cereals, with Turkey the major market for other baby food.
- Multinationals dominate all categories of the baby food sector. The top three - Danone, FrieslandCampina, and Nestlé -account for a combined 89% of value sales.
- The most important channel for the sale of baby food in Greece is grocery stores, this type of outlet taking 56% of overall baby food sales.
- Research estimates that the number of live births will continue to fall over the next six years, a trend which will seriously hamper any potential recovery of baby food sales.
Reasons to access
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Table of Content: Key Points
Background to the Market
Birth: Live Birth Rates
Live Births by Region
Baby Cereals & Dry Meals
Baby Meals & Others
Production and trade
ACCESS REPORT @ www.wiseguyreports.com/reports/226…or-in-greece-2017
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Wise Guy Reports understand how essential statistical surveying information is for your organization or association. Therefore, we have associated with the top publishers and research firms all specialized in specific domains, ensuring you will receive the most reliable and up to date research data available. We also provide COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) business sector reports as custom exploration agreeing your particular needs. Our Market Research Reports and Consulting Services ...
For more information: