South America Freeze-Dried Food Market - Growth, Trends and Forecasts (2018 - 2023)
The South America freeze-dried product market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period of 2087 - 2023. Freeze-drying, commonly known as lyophilisation, is a food preservation technology that reduces the moisture load of the product while retaining the original structure and maximum nutrients.
Freeze-dried food is the best-dehydrated food available due to its superior texture and sensory quality after rehydration.
Browse details of 80 pages research report developed on South America Freeze-Dried Food Market at www.researchcosmos.com/reports/sou…2018-2023/4693656
High Product Shelf Stability
The primary factor driving the South America freeze-dried food market is the superior quality product compared to other drying technologies.
The final product has a shelf-life without any added preservative. The high shelf-life makes it a profitable product in reducing the cost of logistics leading to less operational costs.
Moreover, the products retain original shape with light-weight that makes it convenient for transportation and is appealing also. Freeze-dried food can be stored for longer duration at home or on a journey and requires no time for cooking, which has grown its importance among consumers.
Technological advances in freeze-dried foods, to explore super foods such as beetroot, and elderberry, are the future spotlight in the market. The growing demand of additive-free and natural products is paving way for good opportunities in the South America freeze-dried product market.
The restraining factor for the market is the availability of other drying techniques such as spray-drying, and fluid bed drying, as they are relatively low-cost than freeze-drying. Freeze-drying equipment are comparatively costlier than other dryers, which is a major drawback for small- and medium-scale industries.
Freeze Dried Beverage Record the Highest Growth Rate
South America freeze-dried food market is segmented by the product type that includes freeze-dried fruits, vegetables, beverages, meat and sea food, dairy products and prepared foods. Fruits and vegetables are heat-sensitive products, which are more prone to loss of the vitamins and minerals when exposed to high temperatures.
Freeze-drying preserves the necessary vitamins and antioxidants of the fruits during dehydration, which increases its importance among the various drying techniques. The freeze-dried fruits market holds the largest share, followed by vegetables and beverages.
Freeze-dried beverages are further segmented into tea, coffee and fruit beverages. The freeze-dried prepared food includes freeze-dried soup and prepared meal.
The South American freeze-dried prepared food market is growing at a fast rate due to the excellent nutrition and sensory quality of the products, apart from their instant cooking capability.
Brazil is the Prominent Market
The South American region comprises of Brazil, Argentina and other countries. Brazil holds the highest share in the freeze-dried product market.
Brazil is among the largest producers of tropical fruits in the world. Commercialization of dried fruits has gained importance in Brazil due to consumer’s preference for products with great nutritional value.
The application of the freeze-drying technique in fruits conservation is the key for a successful of commercialization of the players in South America.
- September 2017: Nestlé has acquired a majority stake in Blue Bottle Coffee, a high-end speciality coffee roaster and retailer based company in Oakland, California.
- March 2017: OFD Foods to open new freeze-dried food plant in New York.
Major Players: NESTLE, KERRY, UNILEVER, KRAFT HEINZ, MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL, CHAUCER FREEZE DRIED, DSM, NOVARTIS, MERCER FOODS
Reasons to Access this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
Customization of the Report
- Value chain analysis
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
For more information:
Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!