Amazon Web Services (AWS) holds lion’s share in the market, holding nearly 90% of the global market. Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR) is the HaaS service by AWS. It provides hadoop based platform for data analysis with S3 as the storage system and EC2 as the compute system.
Hadoop-as-a-Service (HaaS/HDaaS), is a novel term that defines virtual storage and analysis of data on the cloud. termed as “hadoop in the cloud,” HaaS has emerged as a replacement to On-premises hadoop.
It comprises of data storage in the cloud and its analysis through hadoop without the need to install any infrastructure in the premises. HaaS market has witnessed a tremendous growth in 2013 and has doubled from the market size in 2012.
- Advertising -
- Premium. -
However, it is expected to witness a tremendous growth in the next 7 years, expanding its horizon into the end user industries of conventional hadoop.
Microsoft HDInsight, Cloudera CDH3, IBM Infoshpere BigInsights, EMC GreenPlum HD and Windows Azure HDInsight Service are the primary HaaS services by global IT giants. Altiscale is another player in the market with a comparatively minimal share in the market; however, holds potential to compete with the existing companies.
Altiscale and Quobole are the two managed or Pure Play HaaS providers. Contrary to AWS, they provide complete running and management of the hadoop jobs.
Global HaaS market is segmented into Pure Play and Run It Yourself based on deployment options available to the customers. Run IT Yourself (RIY) type of deployment is the most prominently used service in the current scenario.
Further, the market is analyzed and estimated based on regions such as North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and LAMEA. North America is the leading region followed by Europe and Asia Pacific in the overall HaaS market.
- Analysis of the Hadoop-as-a-Service market segmented into deployment types, end users and geography is expounded in the report
- Identification of the various factors that are enhancing and restraining adoption of cloud based hadoop would help the market players in understanding the current market scenario and future prospects
- Qualitative as well as quantitative analysis of the current market scenario coupled with future estimations through 2014-2020 would help stakeholders take strategic, actionable and profitable decisions
- Strategic analysis of future prospects of HaaS in Asia Pacific would assist in taking region specific decisions
- Porter’s five forces model helps to understand the bargaining power of buyers and suppliers and threat of the new entrants
- Identification and analysis of the captivating strategies adopted by key market players such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, IBM, EMC Corp., Altiscale and others is conducted, which would assist the stakeholders to gain competitive advantages
For more information: