According to the report on Molluscicides Market, published by Market Data Forecast, the global market is projected to reach USD 700 Million by 2021, at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2016 to 2021. Learn details of the Market Trends and analysis 2016-21
- Advertising -
Molluscicides are special categories of pesticides that are exclusively used against molluscs. It finds applications in gardening as well as large scale agriculture for controlling gastropod pests.
Common target molluscs include snails and slugs that feed on crops. They can destroy the leaves of many plant species.
- Advertising -
Other than their pestering in gardens and fields, molluscs can also decrease industrial efficiency by clogging pipes and damaging equipment.
Although a variety of Molluscicides are available in the market, most of them have a similar method of action. Open encountering the ‘bait’, molluscs ingest the chemical and thereafter the ingested substance manipulates the water balance of the mollusc.
By this action, the mollusc can encounter organ failure and loss of normal body functions. From a scientific point of view, Molluscicides are classified into Oxidizing and Non-oxidizing.
Of the two, non-oxidizing ones are more popular due to their cost efficiency. Although comparatively more expensive than their oxidizing counterparts, only smaller quantities are required thereby decreasing the overall money spent.
Molluscicides Market: Drivers & Restraints
The Molluscicides market is driven by several factors such as the increasing adoption of agrochemicals by developing nations, the high demand for high quality horticulture crops, the call for increased efficiency in food production, the decline in the amount of arable land further requiring increased efficiency per hectare, the growing awareness about the threats posed by molluscs toward agriculture. As for the threats posed to the growth of the market, the major one is the government regulations due to the increased toxicity of molluscicides and their adverse effect on non-target organisms.
Other constraints include limitations on use due to geography, lack of resources and environmental threats due to chemical usage.
Molluscicides Market: Segmentation
- Ferrous Phosphate
By Method of Application
- Field Crops
- Horticultural Crops
- Turf & Ornaments
Molluscicides Market: Overview
Molluscicides are an entirely independent class of chemicals and cannot be replaced by using other insecticides and so it forms a separate market. Crop cultivation techniques have changed over the years and now it involves minimum tillage of land, direct drilling and high organic matter content in the soil.
This is all optimum conditions or the thriving of slugs and snails, further amplifying the problem and leading to severe damage to the crops. Currently the preferred chemical methods for controlling the problem is based on Metaldehyde, Ferric Phosphate or Methiocarb.
Methiocarb is a carbamate compound which is highly toxic to mammals. Since in addition to killing slugs, they are also insecticides, their use can lead to the unwarranted death of useful insects in the ecosystem.
Metaldehyde and Ferric phosphate are less toxic when compared to Methiocarb but the decreased toxicity also decreases its effectiveness in slug control.
The major market share is accounted by Metaldehyde based Molluscicides. The different modes of application for Molluscicides include via sprays or dusts, using granules or bait pellets.
The point of application is usually over the ground around the concerned crops.
Molluscicides Market: Region-wise Outlook
Geographically, the market is segmented into the regions of Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, North America and Middle East and Africa. Among the regions, North America is the dominating force with over one-third of the total market share as well as the highest CAGR rate of all regions.
North America is expected to continue its dominance with the increasing number of field crops such as corn, wheat, rice and cash crops such as strawberry and lettuce being cultivated in the region. Behind North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific have the next highest market shares.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the estimated market sizes in value (USD million) and volume (Tons)?
- What is the competitive landscape and market share of major players in the Molluscicides market, globally and regionally?
- What are the key market segments that currently occupy the highest market share? Which market segments are growing the fastest?
- What challenges are restraining the growth of the Molluscicides market? How will emerging technologies answer these challenges?
- What are the country specific regulations regarding the use of Molluscicides?
- What are the pricing strategies prevalent in the Molluscicides market?
Molluscicides Market: Key Players
Major companies covered in the report include Lonza, Doff Portland Ltd., Certis, W. Neudorff GmbH KG, Bayer CropScience Limited, Westland Horticulture Ltd., Farmco Agritrading Ltd., Chiltern Farm Chemicals Ltd., Sipcam Ltd., Adama and The Scotts Company.
Reasons to access Molluscicides Market Report:
- Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the geographical areas in which this industry is prospering
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which the industry is growing and further identifying the regions which are still untapped or have room to grow
- Segment-level analysis on basis of product type, application, colour along with market size forecasts and y-o-y estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of macro and micro environmental factors that affect the market presented in an extensive strategic analyses section containing PESTLE and Porter’s Five Forces Analyses
- A comprehensive listing of key market players along with company overview, product portfolios, key financial information (subjected to availability), SWOT analysis and Analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- Expertly devised Market Outlook along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the areas of market research, business intelligence and consulting. We have rich experience in research and consulting for various business domains to cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. A few key business areas that we handle with excellence include business process improvement, corporate financing and decision making based on market research, assisting in developing appropriate strategy and providing consultancy based on extens ...
For more information: