According to C-RAN (Centralized Radio Access Network) Market report, global investments in C-RAN architecture networks will include spending on RRHs (Remote Radio Heads), BBUs (Baseband Units) and fronthaul transport network equipment.
- Advertising -
Latest report on C-RAN Market indicates that mobile operators are expected to invest nearly $9 Billion in Centralized Radio Access Network Ecosystem infrastructure rollouts by the end of 2017. The market is further expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 24% between 2017 and 2020.
These investments will include spending on RRHs (Remote Radio Heads), BBUs (Baseband Units) and fronthaul transport network equipment.
The “C-RAN (Centralized Radio Access Network) Ecosystem: 2017 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the C-RAN ecosystem including enabling technologies, key trends, market drivers, challenges, standardization, regulatory landscape, deployment models, operator case studies, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies.
- Advertising -
The forecasts cover 3 individual submarkets and 6 regions.
Inquire about Report at
Centralized RAN or C-RAN is an architectural shift in RAN (Radio Access Network) design, where the bulk of baseband processing is centralized and aggregated for a large number of distributed radio nodes. In comparison to standalone clusters of base stations, C-RAN provides significant performance and economic benefits such as baseband pooling, enhanced coordination between cells, virtualization, network extensibility, smaller deployment footprint and reduced power consumption.
Initially popularized by Japanese and South Korean mobile operators, C-RAN technology is beginning to gain momentum worldwide with major tier 1 operators – including Verizon Communications, AT&T, Sprint, China Mobile, Vodafone, TIM (Telecom Italia Mobile), Orange and Telefónica – seeking to leverage the benefits of centralized baseband processing.
Submarket Segmentation - RRHs (Remote Radio Heads), BBUs (Baseband Units), Fronthaul
Air Interface Technology Segmentation - 3G & LTE, 5G NR (New Radio)
Network Architecture Segmentation - Non-Virtualized C-RAN, vRAN/Cloud RAN
Deployment Model Segmentation – Indoor, Outdoor
Cell Size Segmentation - Small Cells, Macrocells
Fronthaul Transport Network Technology Segmentation - Dedicated Fiber, WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing), OTN (Optical Transport Network), PON (Passive Optical Network), Ethernet, Microwave, Millimeter Wave, G.Fast & Others
Access copy of report at www.reportsnreports.com/.aspx?name=1130413.
Key Questions Answered
- How big is the C-RAN opportunity?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- Which submarkets will see the highest percentage of growth?
- How can C-RAN facilitate the management of interference and LTE-Advanced features such as CoMP (Coordinated Multi-Point)?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of each baseband functional split option?
- How can C-RAN reduce the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) of RAN deployments?
- What are the prospects of wireless fronthaul technologies?
- Is Ethernet a feasible solution for fronthaul networking?
- How big is the market for vRAN/Cloud RAN networks?
- How can mobile operators future-proof their RAN investments for 5G upgrades?
- Who are the key market players and what are their strategies?
- What strategies should C-RAN solution providers and mobile operators adopt to remain competitive?
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: ReportsnReports.com provides market research reports to industries, individuals and organizations with an objective of helping them in their decision-making process. Our library of 400,000+ industry & country research reports covers 5000+ micro markets.
For more information: