North America Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS) Market by Application - (Degenerative Disk Disease (DDD), Failed Back Syndrome (FBS), Unsuccessful Disk Surgery, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), Multiple Back Operations, and lumbar adhesive Arachnoiditis), by Product Type – (Non-Rechargeable, Rechargeable), by End users (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASC’s), clinics) and by Region
- Advertising -
Spinal cord stimulation is a therapy that masks pain signals before they reach the brain. A small device, similar to a pacemaker, is implanted in the body to deliver electrical pulses to the spinal cord.
It helps patients better manage their chronic pain symptoms and decrease the use of opioid medications. It may be an option if you suffer chronic back, leg or arm pain and have not found relief with other therapies.
- Advertising -
Stimulation does not eliminate the source of pain, it simply interferes with the signal to the brain, and so the amount of pain relief varies for each person. some patients find the tingling sensation unpleasant.
For these reasons a trial stimulation is performed before the device is permanently implanted. The goal for spinal cord stimulation is a 50-70% reduction in pain.
However, even a small amount of pain reduction can be significant if it helps you to perform your daily activities with less pain and reduces the amount of pain medication you take. Stimulation does not work for everyone.
If unsuccessful, the implant can be removed and does not damage the spinal cord or nerves.
The DROC Analysis contains some of the factors that have major effects on the market dynamics be it positive or negative. North America Spinal cord stimulation market is primarily driven by rising adult population, rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries, innovation of new technologies & therapies, increasing cases of obesity, and increasing in ageing demographics.
However, there are number of factors that are challenging the growth of the Spinal cord Stimulation market like high cost related with therapy, stringent regulatory approvals, and major reliance on traditional SCS therapy.
The therapy is segmented based on application, product type and end-users and studied for a deep-level understanding of the Spinal Cord Stimulation market. Each sub segment is accompanied with Market Size Estimations and Y-o-Y Forecasts as well.
- Degenerative Disk Disease (DDD)
- Failed Back Syndrome (FBS)
- Unsuccessful Disk Surgery
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Multiple Back Operations
- lumbar adhesive Arachnoiditis
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASC’s)
North American Market is studied in geographic perspective by segregating the market shares between USA and Canada. USA dominates the market in the region owing to the economic conditions, awareness among people and government reimbursement policies present.
Major companies operating in the North America Spinal Cord Stimulation market are Boston, Medtronic, Nevro, St. Jude Medical, Greatbatch, Stimwave.
Scope of the North America Spinal Cord Stimulation Market :
- Regional and country-level analysis that provides an innate perspective of USA and Canada Market to that of the North American region
- To detect major focus areas of industrial growth Segment-level analysis on basis of type, therapeutics, end-user along with market size forecasts and y-o-y estimations are provided
- Detailed explanation of major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) that affect the market and impact the ever-shifting market dynamics
- PESTLE and Porter’s Five Forces Analyses that examine the macro & micro environmental factors such as political influence, technological prowess, industry rivalry to name a few.
- An extensive listing of major market players along with company overview, product portfolios, key financial information (subjected to availability), SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies all rolled out into Competitive landscape
- Expertly devised Market Outlook comprising the Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the areas of market research, business intelligence and consulting. We have rich experience in research and consulting for various business domains to cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. A few key business areas that we handle with excellence include business process improvement, corporate financing and decision making based on market research, assisting in developing appropriate strategy and providing consultancy based on extens ...
For more information: