According to a new market research report by BIS Research, titled ‘Global Biomaterials Market - Analysis and Forecast: 2017 to 2021’, the global biomaterials market was valued at $72.36 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach $151.65 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 16.0% between 2017 and 2021.
Biomaterial is referred to any substance which is engineered to become biocompatible for its interaction with the biological systems. Biomaterials can be categorized as synthetic and natural. The synthetic materials consist of metals, polymers and ceramics, whereas natural biomaterials are derived from natural sources such as animal tissues or are engineered in the laboratory. Some tissues are harvested from animal sources such as cows or pigs.
The biomaterials, by type include biomaterials based on metals, polymers, ceramic, natural, inorganic glass, regenerative, radiopaque and hybrid-biomaterial combinations of biomaterials. The rapidly growing biomaterials market is driven by a number of potential applications found in the medical applications such as cardiovascular, orthopedic, ophthalmology, tissue engineering, neurological/central nervous system (CNS), dental, plastic surgery, and wound healing, among others.
BIS Research Analysis: bisresearch.com/industry-report/gl…-market-2021.html
The biomaterials market has developed significantly over the past decade and much has been attributed to the technological advancements in this field. The ecosystem of biomaterials market comprises of raw material suppliers, biomaterials manufacturers, regulatory body approvals, hospitals & clinics and end-use applications. The market has matured in developed regions such as North America and Europe and is gaining popularity in regions such as the Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America. Biomaterials are required in various application fields and consequently the growth of the market is highly dependent on the growth of those application verticals.
The biomaterials market is driven by a number of factors such as superior properties of biomaterials, increasing funds/aids by government for research purposes, increasing wound healing therapies and plastic surgeries, increasing aging/geriatric population, rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, increasing awareness of regenerative medicine, increasing orthopedic disorders, and growing demand for implantable devices.
Few Companies Mentioned in the Report:
• Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc.
• Regentis Biomaterials
• Invibio Biomaterial Solutions
• Evonik Industries
• Koninklijke DSM N.V.
• Covestro AG
• Corbion N.V.
• Collagen Solutions
• Celanese Corporation
• Carpenter Technology Corporation
• CAM Bioceramics B.V.
• Berkeley Advanced Biomaterials Inc.
• Bioactive Bone Substitutes Ltd.
• BASF SE
Key questions addressed in the report:
• What is the global biomaterials market size in terms of revenue from 2016-2021?
• Which is the dominant type by revenue in the biomaterials market?
• What is the revenue generated by the different biomaterials by type in the biomaterials market?
• What is the revenue generated by the different applications of the biomaterials market?
• What are the different factors driving the market in the forecast period?
• What are the major factors challenging the growth of global biomaterials market?
• What are opportunities for the global biomaterials market?
• What are the key and future trends for the global biomaterials market?
• What kind of new strategies are being adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
• What is the revenue generated by the different geographic regions in the biomaterials market?
• Which region will lead the global biomaterials market by the end of the forecast period?
• Which are the existing key market players that have made a mark in the biomaterials market?
Request Your Free Sample Brochure at: bisresearch.com/requestsample?id=394&type=brochure
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: As an Owl on top of the Globe (Our Logo), BIS Research is continuously scanning, analyzing, and predicting emerging technology areas and reporting the same for your business growth. BIS Research is a global technology research and advisory company which focuses on the emerging trends in technology which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market. We strive to provide information about such uncharted territories to our clients so as to facilitate their decision making process. BIS Researc ...
For more information: