Gastritis is characterized by a set of conditions that cause inflammation or irritation of the lining of the stomach, for a short or long time. Upper abdominal pain or discomfort is the most common symptom of Gastritis.
There are two forms of gastritis, a brief and sudden illness, acute gastritis occurs suddenly, which involves sudden and severe inflammation; and chronic gastritis which develops slowly may last for years due to long-term inflammation. An upset stomach following the consumption of alchohol or certain medications is one of the common examples of acute gastritis.
View Report at www.transparencymarketresearch.com…ritis-market.html
There are various causes of gastritis but one of the most common causes is Helicobacter pylori, a kind of bacterium that infects the lining of the stomach. If left untreated, gastritis caused by Helicobacter pylori can lead to ulcers and stomach cancer.
Other causes of gastritis include autoimmune disorders, digestive disorders and stress caused by severe injury. Various symptoms associated with gastritis are as follows:
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Loss of appetite
- Black and tarry stool
- Feeling of fullness
GASTRITIS MARKET SEGMENTATION
Based on diagnosis, the gastritis market can be segmented as follows:
- pyroli test: This test is used to determine the presence of bacterium H. pyroli
- Blood test: Red blood cell count is checked to determine whether an individual has anemia or not
- Endoscopy: A thin with a tiny camera (endoscope) is inserted into one’s stomach to check for inflammation
- X-ray of upper digestive system: X-ray creates images of esophagus, stomach and small intestine and is used to diagnose abnormalities.
Based on treatments, the gastritis market can be segmented as follows:
- Acid blocking medications: Proton pump inhibitors such as omeprazole (Prilosec), lansoprazole (Prevacid) and esomeprazole (Nexium) block cells that form stomach acid.
- Acid reducing medications: Histamine (H-2) blockers (acid blockers) such as ranitidine (Zantac) and famotidine (Pepcid) reduces the amount of acid released into the digestive tract
- Antacids: Antacids act as a neutralizing agent for the stomach and provide rapid relief from gastritis pain
- Antibiotics: Combination of antibiotics such as clarithromycin (Biaxin) and metronidazole (Flagyl) are used to kill the bacterium H.pyroli and thereby aids in the treatment of gastritis
Based on geography, the gastritis market can be segmented into four major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World (RoW). Out of all, North America dominates the gastritis market followed by Europe.
The prime factors that are driving the growth of the market in these regions are high prevalence of gastritis and increasing unhealthy lifestyles of the population. According to a published survey, the prevalence rate of gastritis is approximately 1 in 100 in the US.
Asia Pacific is the most lucrative market for the growth of gastritis market and is developing at an extremely rapid pace.
Get accurate market forecast and analysis on the Gastritis Market. Request a sample to stay abreast on the key trends impacting this market.
The factors which would augment the growth of the market in Asia Pacific region are increasing rate of various viral and autoimmune diseases, rapid spread of infection from one person to another and development of various sophisticated therapeutic tools for gastritis. Furthermore, other benefits such as favorable taxation policy and reimbursement scenario, and easy market penetration in developing countries such as China, India, and Malaysia would also fuel the growth of the gastritis market in the coming years.
Presently, the gastritis market is fragmented and various companies are developing therapeutic drugs for the treatment of gastritis.
Gastritis Market Key Players
Some of the top players operating in the gastritis market are AstraZeneca PLC, Novartis AG, Zydus Cadila Healthcare Limited, PT Otsuka Indonesia and others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size.
The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: TMR provides a range of marketing and business research solutions designed for your specific needs. From off-the-shelf syndicated business And market research to made-to-order custom research, we serve our clients to fulfill their immediate as well as ongoing research requirements. We specialize in the following areas: Syndicated Research Each TMR syndicated research report covers a different sector - such as pharmaceuticals, chemical, energy, food & beverage ...
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!