The recent data from the UK Association of British Insurers (ABI), revealed that UK motor insurance premiums reached their highest recorded levels in the fourth quarter of 2016 (Q4 2016), rising more than five times the rate of inflation. The rate of premium increase was attributed to successive rises in insurance premium tax (IPT), higher repair costs, and the rising costs of whiplash injury claims.
Autonomous Driving - The Opportunities and Obstacles Ahead is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. This report analyzes the developing driverless vehicle industry to provide:
- An overview of the markets in terms of the opportunities and product line expansion for insurers and reinsurers
- Regulatory developments, including current regulations and those under development, consultation and government study
- The impact of the industry on cyberinsurance, especially in terms of product innovation and demand for cyberinsurance and cyber-reinsurance
- Understanding of the current views and expectations of the industry from the perspectives of insurers and insurance associations, policymakers and motor manufacturers
This report provides
- Market views of the UK government's actions and plans
- The views, concerns and expectations of motor manufacturers and insurers
- Description of ongoing product innovations, trials and expected launch dates
Reasons to Access
• Learn about market views and expectations of the industry from various perspectives
- Be informed of the UK’s government role in the development of autonomous vehicles
- Gain an understanding of the driverless vehicles sector, and the market opportunities available to insurers and reinsurers
- Develop an insight into current and expected regulatory changes concerning claims and liabilities, and their effects on product underwriting
To view the table of contents and know more details, please visit Autonomous Driving - The Opportuni…d Obstacles Ahead.
• The motor industry is investing heavily in self-driving technology. According to data from the Society of Motor Manufacturers & Traders (SMMT) and JATO Dynamics, 30.7% of new cars registered in 2015 were fitted with safety-enhancing collision-warning systems as standard, with the technology offered as an option on an additional 27.4% of cars.
- In February 2017, Nissan trialed a self-driving version of its Leaf model in London. The test was completed successfully without any incident without a crash. The AV version of the Leaf had a virtual map, twelve cameras, five radars and four lasers. The trial introduced members of the public to the reality of the future, citing a reduction in accidents, traffic, emissions, road rage and bills as likely outcomes.
- Volvo announced plans to introduce a fleet of driverless XC90s to London in 2017 and at least 100 such vehicles on Britain’s streets by 2018. According to Volvo, the scheme will be used to collect data on self-driving in a city environment. The real-world information will be used to determine how to progress with technology.
- The Data from the Society of Motor Manufacturers & Traders (SMMT), the annual turnover of the UK automotive industry increased to a record GBP71.6 billion (US$89 billion) in 2015. For the same year, Timetric’s Insurance Intelligence Center [IIC] estimates the total direct premium written by the insurance industry for the same year at GBP15.5 billion, (US$20.8 billion).
- The outcome of the UK’s government consultation into driverless vehicles and adoption identified that although the UK legal and regulatory framework is not a barrier to the testing of AVs on public roads, the incumbent laws governing data privacy, road traffic laws and patent licensing make the facilitation of AV adoption problematic. The report alsoset out the UK government plans to introduce a single insurer model for driverless and conventional cars, and identified 2018 as the preferred date to amend road traffic legislation to take AVs into consideration.
Admiral Group Plc Aviva Plc Direct Line Insurance Group Plc Nissan Roborace Volvo Moovel Car2Go
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Reportstack is one of the largest online libraries of market research publications. At Reportstack, users can find top-level research products from the leading publishers at one place. The best in practice web technology implemented by Reportstack enhances overall user experience and changes the way people buy research reports online. The market coverage spans across multiple verticals including but not limited to: Pharma & Healthcare, Automotive & Transport, Manufacturing & Industry ...
For more information: