Ice Cream Industry - Market Analysis, Trends and Statistics 2017 report provides global Ice Cream Industry overview including Ice Cream sector analysis across regions - Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe and Eastern Europe. Learn details of the Market Analysis, Trends and Statistics 2017
- Advertising -
Ice Cream Industry - Market Analysis, Trends and Statistics 2017 research report provides global ice cream Industry market size, key player’s, growth, opportunities and forecast to 2021. Report provides opportunities in the global Ice Cream Industry and current Industry scenario regarding the future outlook in terms of ingredients, product claims, labelling, and packaging.
The analysis also covers regional overview across six regions - Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting Industry size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region. Global Ice Cream Industry was valued at US$149.3 Billion in 2016 and is forecast to record a CAGR of 4.1% during 2016-2021, to reach US$182.8 Billion by 2021.
- Advertising -
As Ice Cream is often an impulse-driven purchase led by the desire for an indulgent treat, demand is likely to remain strong in the coming years.
The report provides an overview of global and regional Ice Cream markets covering - Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, North America, Latin America, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe - highlighting Industry size, growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors for the region.
Companies mentioned in this report: Unilever, Nestle, Lotte Co., Ltd., Yili Group, China Mengniu Dairy Co Ltd, Wells Enterprises, Inc., General Mills, Inc., Mars, Incorporated, Blue Bell Creameries, L.P., Dean Foods, Ezaki Glico co., Ltd, Mondelez International, Inc., Australasian Food Group, Haitai Confectionery & Foods Co., Ltd, Binggrae Co., Ltd., Snow Brand, Turkey Hill Dairy, The Hershey Company, Sammontana Spa, IFFCO, Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF), Dunkin` Donuts, Morinaga Milk, Fonterra, Focus Brands, Yildiz Holding AS, Bulla Dairy Foods.
Global Ice Cream Industry as a percentage of the overall food industry is expected to increase during 2011-2021, led by rising disposable incomes and a growing desire for indulgent treats. Although Asia Pacific is the third largest region in value terms and is forecast to emerge as the second fastest growing market globally during 2016-2021, the share of the Ice Cream Industry in the overall APAC food industry is forecast to decline from 4.2% in 2011 to 4.1% by 2021, due to the strong demand for Dairy products.
Ice Cream with Health & Wellness attributes increased from 8.3% of global value sales in 2011 to 8.8% in 2016. This can be attributed to rising health awareness amongst consumers who are increasingly paying attention to the ingredients when purchasing food products.
In response to this consumer behavior, manufacturers are reformulating Ice Cream with ingredients that have a healthy halo such as whey protein and vegetables. This should help to improve the perception of Ice Cream as a guilt-free indulgence.
Flexible Packaging was the most commonly used package material in the Ice Cream Industry, accounting for 56.7% of volume share in 2016. It was followed by Rigid Plastics with a 24.4% share.
The Rigid Plastic material is expected to grow the fastest, at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2011-2021, followed by Paper & Board at 4.7% during the same period. The overall share of private label products in the global Ice Cream Industry increased from 7.4% in 2011 to 8.7% in 2016, to reach US$4.8 Billion.
This growth can be attributed to changing consumer perceptions regarding private label. Western Europe held the highest value share for private label Ice Cream with 14.5% of total sales in 2016, followed by North America with a value share of 13.8%.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Change in consumption: Provides a shift in the consumption of Ice Cream as compared to other major Industrys such as Bakery & Cereals, Confectionery and Dairy & Soy Food during 2011-2021 at global and regional level.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top four high potential countries by region, based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country and regional analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of 10 high potential countries across the regions covering value growth during 2016-2021, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends. It also includes regional analysis covering future outlook for the region.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the Health & Wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall Ice Cream Industry at global and regional level during 2011-2021. The analysis includes key Health & Wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of Ice Cream products across the six regions in 2016. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering Ice Cream products with Health & Wellness attributes in the same year.
- Competitive landscape: Provides an overview of leading brands at global and regional level, besides analyzing the product profile, country level presence, market share, and growth of private labels in each region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the global Ice Cream Industry in 2016. It covers four distribution channels: On Trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Food & Drink Specialists, and Others, which includes Convenience Stores, Dollar Stores, Variety Stores & General Merchandise Retailers, and Cash & Carries & Warehouse Clubs.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2016) and growth analysis (during 2011-2021) for various package materials, pack type, closure type, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of Ice Cream products.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Industry Overview
- Current scenario and future outlook
- Global Ice Cream Industry overview - what are the growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors
- Regional Ice Cream Industry overview - what are the growth drivers, latest developments, and future inhibitors
- Key challenges in the global Ice Cream Industry
- Shift in food Consumption Patterns
- Change in consumption levels in the overall food industry, 2011-2021
- Reasons for shift in consumption patterns
- Identifying high potential countries
- Analysis of 10 countries on the basis of Risk-Reward analysis (market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure)
- Analysis across regions - Asia Pacific, MEA, North America, Latin America, Western Europe and Eastern Europe
- High potential country analysis
- Future outlook
- Health & Wellness Analysis - Global and Regional Level
- Case Studies
- Competitive Landscape
- Leading brands by region
- Leading brands by market
- Market Share of Private Label
- Key Distribution Channels
- Share of key distribution channels - global and regional level
- Key Packaging Formats
- Analysis on use of key package material, pack type, closure, and primary outer type
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: ReportsnReports.com provides market research reports to industries, individuals and organizations with an objective of helping them in their decision-making process. Our library of 400,000+ industry & country research reports covers 5000+ micro markets.
For more information: