The global base oil market was valued at $35,430 million in 2016, and is expected to reach $38,031 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 1.0% from 2017 to 2023. Base oils are largely derived from crude oil base stocks. Group I mineral base oil is the primarily used base oil of the industrial lubricants business. However, the world base oil market is currently undergoing rapid change, driven mainly by the technical demand from high performance automotive engine oil applications, impacting all lubricant applications. Learn details of the Application and by Type, Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2016-2023
Demand for oils in the automotive industry, especially from emerging countries, and stringent environmental legislation leading to strict performance standards drive the global base oil market. However, the fluctuating costs of crude oil and regulations concerning emission norms are expected to hamper the market growth in the future.
The global shift from Group I base oils to Group II & III present numerous growth opportunities to market players.
The global base oil market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. The type segment is classified into group I, II, III, IV, and V.
Based on application, the market is divided into industrial oil, metalworking fluids, hydraulic oil, greases, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
In 2016, Asia-Pacific occupied the largest market share, followed by North America. Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global base oil market by 2023, owing substantial growth in the emerging countries, such as, China, India, and South Korea.
The prominent players in the global base oil market have strategically focused on expansion and agreements as their key strategies to gain significant market share.
Report : https://goo.gl/DQHiqa
The key players profiled are as follows:
- BP PLC
- Chevron Corporation
- Ergon Inc.
- Evonik Industries
- Exxon Mobil Corporation
- H&R Ölwerke Schindler GmbH
- Nynas AB
- Petronas Lubricants Pvt. Ltd.
- Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- SK Lubricants Co. Ltd.
- Total S.A.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends, emerging estimations, and dynamics throughout the base oil market.
- In-depth analysis of the market is conducted and estimations for key segments between 2014 and 2022 are provided.
- The factors that drive and restrain the market growth are provided.
- The market share for all segments with respect to geography is provided.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which provide a competitive outlook of the base oil industry trends.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTATION
- Group I
- Group II
- Group III
- Group IV
- Group V
- Automotive Oil
- Industrial Oil
- Metalworking Fluids
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA
- *The other players in the value chain include
- Avista Oil AG
- Calumet Specialty Products Partners Lp
- GS Caltex Corporation
- Lotos Oil SP. Z O.O.
- MOGoil GmbH
- Neste Oil
- PetroChina Company Limited
- Repsol S.A.
- Sinopec Group
- S-Oil Corporation.
- *Profiles of these players are not included in the report, but can be included on request.
Table Of Contents
- CHAPTER 1. INTRODUCTION
- CHAPTER 2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- CHAPTER 3. MARKET OVERVIEW
- CHAPTER 4. GLOBAL BASE OIL MARKET, BY TYPE
- CHAPTER 5. GLOBAL BASE OIL MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- CHAPTER 6. GLOBAL BASE OIL MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY\
- CHAPTER 7. COMPANY PROFILES
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: We have a large database of quality and precise market research reports that will be very beneficial for your organization. Reports that we sell our authentic in nature and from reputed publishers, hence it can definitely help you with your growth opportunities. In order to survive the fierce competition and locate different avenues, one must be privy to high end and quality market information. So, we try and provide you with latest market information by getting high market research reports fro ...