The Global GaN Market may grow from USD 242.10 million in 2016 to USD 2579 million by t 2022 at CAGR of 48.34%.
- Advertising -
According to a new market research report, the Global GaN Semiconductor Devices Market is valued at USD 242.10 million in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 2579 million by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 48.34%.
Browse Full Report at
This technology shall revolutionize the semiconductors industry owing to its compatibility with the development of high-power and high-frequency devices.
GaN semiconductor devices find applications in LED's and magnetic semiconductors due to their low heat dissipation, even at high power. Their higher band gap allows for applications in optoelectronics and solar cells.
- Advertising -
The drivers of the market include an increased focus on automation around the world, growth of new industries (like virtual reality, wireless charging) where GaN semiconductors are believed to be better than its traditional silicon counterpart; rapid proliferation of wireless devices around the world in creating a need for smaller, lower power semiconductor devices, and an inclination towards renewable energy forms like solar and wind energy.so, GaN semiconductors are cheaper to manufacture and package as compared to Si semiconductors.
The market is restrained by troubles with manufacturing, as GaN dust is an irritant to human eyes, skin, and lungs. This increases the cost of protective gear used in the manufacturing units.
The industry also faces stiff competition from SiC-based semiconductors, which are more compatible with present day Si-based technology.
The market segment by technology indicates that GaN on Si is the most preferred way of manufacturing owing to less quantity of GaN required on top of a Si plate. By devices, MOSFET is the most widely adapted technology, but HMET is catching up fast.
The market is further segmented by industry and geography.
Key Players included global GaN Market are Toshiba, Texas Instruments , Aixtron SE , Fujitsu Ltd. ,International Rectifier Corporation , GaN Systems Incorporated , RF Micro Devices Corporation , ROHM Company Limited , Efficient Power Conservation Corporation , Free scale Semiconductor Corporation , Cree Incorporated ,Nichia Corporation
The USA and South Korea are the biggest markets for GaN semiconductor devices in the world, as per present reports and Japan, Taiwan, and China are seen as emerging markets, with growth expected from India in the future.
Key Deliverables in the Study:
- Market analysis for the global GaN semiconductor devices market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global GaN semiconductors devices market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights into the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions which are still untapped.
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...
For more information: