OTT Video Market get comprehensive research offering detailed regional analysis and growth outlook in a new report now available at orbisresearch.com
OTT Video Market Companies – (netflix, Amazon, TVB, Sky, Star, Eros, Singtel, PCCW, Airtel, Vodafone, YouTube, Telkomsel, Globe Telecom, AIS, Sony, CBS, BBC, MGM, ABC, SBS, Viacom, World Movies, Optus, Telstra, PayPal, Videocon, Reliance Big Entertainment, Sony Music, Zee Digital Convergence, Tips Industries, KBS, MBC, CJ E&M, Indosat Ooredoo, Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL), Hotstar, Viu, iFlix)
"OTT Video in Asia-Pacific: Localized content and business models are key while mobile will offer opportunity for future video growth", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData offers a thorough study of the OTT video market in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. The report analyzes different OTT video service providers operating in the region on parameters such as business model, content offerings, challenges and opportunities.
APAC features diverse markets with significant difference in penetration levels of smartphone, pay-TV and broadband. While developed countries have suitable environment for OTT video growth with developed telecom infrastructure, emerging countries show great potential on account of rollout of fiber and 4G technologies by operators, rising income levels and increasing penetration of low-priced smartphones.
Hybrid models consisting of AVoD, SVoD or TVoD have been more successful in APAC. Widespread piracy makes the AVoD model important to attract people to legal video services.
However, the arrival of international players Netflix and Amazon in 2016 has triggered the launch of a number of SVoD initiatives. Content remains the key to success in APAC, therefore both international and regional operators are heavily investing in acquisition and production of content.
The report consists of following sections –
- The OTT video market: This section provides a general analysis of OTT services, including taxonomy and a look at business models and content provision for APAC markets.
- OTT video in Asia-Pacific: This section examines more specifically the region’s markets, including pay-TV household penetration, service provider profiles, business models and OTT mobile opportunities. The section also provides results from the GlobalData OTT Video Market Attractiveness Index, comparing the main OTT markets on parameters such as infrastructure, demand and socioeconomic factors, and profiles a number of OTT service providers.
- Case Studies: Four case studies are presented of the leading OTT service providers in the region: Netflix, Hotstar, Viu and IFlix. These case studies focus on the business models, strategies and best practices.
- Key findings and recommendations: It consists of a summary of key findings and a set of recommendations for telecom operators, mobile operators and pure-play OTT players.
Report: www.orbisresearch.com/contact/410269 .
- OTT video players in countries with lower OTT Readiness and Intensity scores should consider a hybrid model that includes AVoD to familiarize users to legal option to access videos across multiple platforms, before introducing paid service. The strategy has remained successful for regional OTT players such as Hotstar and Viu.
- Though extent of piracy in APAC makes AVoD an important model, however, high cost of acquiring content will drive adoption of SVoD and TVoD models to generate revenues.
- OTT players in the region are already partnering with mobile operators to drive subscribership. Examples include Viu’s various partnerships with Telekom Malaysia, Maxis and U Mobile in Malaysia, Indosat in Indonesia, CSL in Hong Kong and Idea cellular in India among others.
These partnerships also help OTT players address billing challenges.
- An extensive library of relevant local content along with international content is a prerequisite to be successful in the OTT video market in APAC. The entries of international players such as Netflix and Amazon which already have an extensive international library have induced strong competition in the region.
Reasons to access
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of over-the-top video (OTT) services in the APAC markets.
- Taking a forward-looking approach, the report investigates business models and the variety of OTT service providers, looking in particular at the various challenges and opportunities facing them, with examples from OTT providers in the region.
- To study the APAC’s most attractive OTT markets, this report draws on GlobalData’s proprietary OTT Video Market Attractiveness Index, which ranks markets globally based on infrastructure, demand and socioeconomic factors.
- Provides telcos with actionable analysis of trends, while the case studies of four OTT providers in APAC provide a resource for more detailed planning.
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial forward-looking trends in OTT, to allow OTT pure plays and telecom network operators develop effective longer-term OTT strategies.
- Boasts of high presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately, for the executive-level audience.
List of table:
Exhibit 1: OTT video business models 7
Exhibit 2: Types of OTT providers 8
Exhibit 3: OTT content provision for the connected consumer 9
Exhibit 4: OTT video challenges and opportunities, Asia-Pacific 10
Exhibit 5: Pay-tv household penetration, select markets, 2016 12
Exhibit 6: Sub-indexes of OTT Video Market Attractiveness Index, 2016 13
Exhibit 7: OTT Video Market Attractiveness Index scores, 2016 14
Exhibit 8: OTT service provider profiles by industry 15
Exhibit 9: Common OTT models; examples 16
Exhibit 10: Mobile subscriptions by technology, AP, 2014-2021 17
Exhibit 11: Video traffic % of total data traiffc, 2017-2022 18
Exhibit 12: Mobile user video service penetration, 2017, 2022 18
Exhibit 13: Average mobile video data usage, 2017, 2022 19
Exhibit 14: Average monthly mobile video ARPS, 2017, 2022 19
Exhibit 15: Selected OTT players in APAC 20
Exhibit 16: Hotstar OTT checklist, May 2017 23
Exhibit 17: Hotstar offers sports content 24
Exhibit 18: Netflix OTT checklist, May 2017 25
Exhibit 19: Netflix’s content strategy 26
Exhibit 20: Viu OTT checklist, May 2017 27
Exhibit 21: Viu revenue & EBITDA, 2014-2016 28
Exhibit 22: Viu MNO Partnerships 28
Exhibit 23: Iflix OTT checklist, May 2017 29
Exhibit 24: Iflix-Samsung Partnership, January 2016 30
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...