Weak value growth in the Greek foodservice profit sector, at a CAGR of 0.6% from 2014-2016, has meant that Greece continues to lag behind most recovering Eurozone markets. The country remains plagued by a host of economic hardships which has caused a number of Greeks to forgo out-of-home meal occasions entirely.
- Advertising -
"Greece - The Future of Foodservice to 2021", published by GlobalData, provides extensive insight and analysis of the Greek Foodservice market over the next five years (2016-2021) and acts as a vital point of reference for operators or suppliers.
The foodservice market therefore remains heavily price-orientated, with over half of Greek consumers citing ‘price’ to be the most important factor influencing decision-making when eating out.
- Advertising -
The lingering economic downturn has caused a number of international operators to either reduce their outlet footprint (e.g. McDonald’s, Starbucks) or withdraw from the market entirely (e.g.
Greece’s robust tourism industry has seen foodservice operators pivot their attention towards holiday hotspots and target income-rich tourists.
The report includes -
- Overview of the Greek macro-economic landscape: Detailed analysis of current macro-economic factors and their impact on Romania’s foodservice market including GDP per capita, consumer price index, population growth and annual household income distribution.
- Growth dynamics: In-depth data and forecasts of key channels (QSR, FSR and Coffee & Tea Shops) within Greece's foodservice market, including the value of the market, number of transactions, number of outlets and average transaction price.
- Customer segmentation: identify the most important demographic groups, buying habits and motivations that drive out-of-home meal occasions among segments of the Greek population.
- Key players: Overview of market leaders within the three major channels including business descriptions and number of outlets.
- Case Studies: Learn from examples of recent successes and failures within the Greek foodservice market.
Browse the complete report at www.orbisresearch.com/reports/inde…odservice-to-2021
- Sustained high levels of youth unemployment has resulted in an exodus of QSR operators' key target audience, forcing them to broaden their appeal to lucrative family segments.
- A developing nationalistic sentiment has benefited domestic brands, as Greek consumers look to support operators that ‘give back’ to the local economy.
- Extreme caution among consumers has stalled product innovation, with little demand for experimental food offerings. 46% of surveyed Greeks earn an annual household income of EUR€ 8,999.
Reasons to access
- Specific forecasts of the foodservice market over the next five years (2016-2021) will give readers the ability to make informed business decisions through identifying emerging/declining markets.
- Consumer segmentation detailing the desires of known consumers among all major foodservice channels (QSR, FSR, Coffee & Tea Shops) will allow readers understand the wants and needs of their target demographics.
- Relevant case studies will allow readers to learn from and apply lessons discovered by emerging and major players within the Greek foodservice market.
Goody's Burger House
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...