The Latin America Viral Inactivation Market was worth USD 42 million in 2016 and estimated to be growing at a CAGR of 11.2%, to reach USD 72 million by 2021. Viral Inactivation is the procedure of killing virus cells or making them inactive. This procedure is performed to prevent contamination of products by viruses and thereby increase the safety. Hence the viruses present in the final product are in inactive form. All these methods are used extensively in blood plasma and food industries to protect the products from viruses.
View full report at www.marketdataforecast.com/market-…tion-market-3233/
Among the many methods which are used in inactivation of viruses are irradiation by UV rays, solvent/detergent usage, dry heating, pasteurization, and lowering of pH among others. Pasteurization is a useful only when the viruses are less resistant than the proteins to be protected.
Viral Inactivation by solvents and detergents is the most widely used method in the blood plasma industry, effective only when viruses are encapsulated in lipid molecules. The detergents/solvents irritate the lipid layers and kill the viruses since they cannot survive without lipid molecules.
UV radiations kill the viruses by dimerising nucleic acids, thus affecting their life cycle and reproduction processes. pH lowering is useful only when the molecules in the final product are more resistant than viruses.
Some of the driving forces of Latin America Viral Inactivation market are attention of research and development industries in life sciences, increasing support of government in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals sectors, growing incidence of chronic diseases, rising support of government in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals sectors and launch of new drugs among others. The constraints that this market is facing are presence of strong consolidation and less number of skilled workers.
The Latin America Viral Inactivation market is segmented on the basis of method, product, application and end-user. Based on method, the market is segmented into solvent/detergent method, pasteurization, UV radiation, microwave heating and high-energy light.
The largest market share is held by solvent/detergent method since it requires less investment, easy to use and it achieves high degree of inactivation of viruses. Based on product the market is divided into services, kits and reagents, accessories and viral inactivation systems.
With respect to application, the market is fragmented into vaccines and therapeutics, stem cell products, cell culture, gene therapy and blood & blood products. Vaccines and therapeutics has the largest share in this segment.
Based on end-users, the market is segmented into academic institutions, research organisations, pharmaceutical companies and others.
The Latin America market for Viral Inactivation is geographically segmented into Brazil, Argentina, Chile and rest of Latin America. The market in this region is still in its nascent stages.
Factors such as introduction of new drugs, increasing patients with chronic diseases and growing support of government in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals sectors are presumed to propel the growth of this market in the region.
Some of the major players in the market include Clean Cells, Charles River Laboratories International Inc, Danaher Corporation, Merck KGaA, Parker Hannifin, Red Source Technologies, Sartorius AG, SGS S.A, Texcell Inc, Viral Inactivated Plasma Systems SA, and WuXi Pharma Tech Inc
- Solvent/Detergent Method
- UV Radiation
- Microwave Heating
- High-Energy Light
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Method
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Method
- Market Share Analysis, By Method
- Kits and Reagents
- Viral Inactivation Systems
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Product
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Product
- Market Share Analysis, By Product
- Vaccines and Therapeutics
- Stem Cell Products
- Cell Culture
- Gene Therapy
- Blood & Blood Products
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Application
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Application
- Market Share Analysis, By Application
4) End User
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Research Organizations
- Academic Research Institutes
- Other End Users
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By End User
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By End User
- Market Share Analysis, By End User
Scope of the report :
- Regional and country-level analysisand forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
- Segment-level analysisin terms of technology, component, and type along with market size forecasts and estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC)in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of the effect of exogenous and endogenous factors that affect the global market; which includes broadly demographic, economics, and political, among other macro-environmental factors presented in an extensive PESTLE Analysis
- Study the micro environment factors that determine the overall profitability of an Industry, using Porter’s five forces analysisfor analysing the level of competition and business strategy development
- A comprehensive list of key market playersalong with their product portfolio, current strategic interests, key financial information, legal issues, SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysislisting out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- An executive summary, abridging the entire report in such a way that decision-making personnel can rapidly become acquainted with background information, concise analysis and main conclusions
- Expertly devised analyst overview along with Investment opportunitiesto provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany about: Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the areas of market research, business intelligence and consulting. We have rich experience in research and consulting for various business domains to cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. A few key business areas that we handle with excellence include business process improvement, corporate financing and decision making based on market research, assisting in developing appropriate strategy and providing consultancy based on extens ...
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!