The Middle East and Africa Surgical Staplers Market was worth USD 160 million in 2016 and estimated to be growing at a CAGR of 6.47%, to reach USD 220 million by 2021. Surgical Staplers are used during a surgical operation to connect or remove organs like lungs, bowels or to seal skin wounds, instead of sutures. During the inception, they were produced to substitute sutures as leakages from poor suturing was one among the major causes of post-surgery mortalities. In the current days, surgical clips are being used in place of surgical staples as they prevent the piercing of staples. Stapling is more faster and accurate than hand suturing and they are less likely to cause leakages of blood from stapled organs.
- Advertising -
View full report at www.marketdataforecast.com/market-…lers-market-3252/
Staples in the beginning were made of stainless steel with titanium staples loaded into reloadable stapler cartridges. Titanium is preferred over stainless steel as the former causes less immune reactions compared to the latter.
Modern staples are broadly of two types, first kind is disposable and made of materials like plastic and second type is reusable & made of stainless steel. Both these types are usually loaded by disposable cartridges.
- Advertising -
Staples come in straight, curved and circular shapes. Circular staplers are chiefly used for end-to-end anastomosis and bowel resection.
Various models of staplers are used for open and laparoscopic surgeries. Laparoscopic surgeries utilize longer and thinner staplers since it is easy for use with trocar ports.
Synthetic bio-absorbable staplers are present which are made by materials like polyglycolic acid.
The key drivers of Middle East and Africa Surgical Staplers market are rising demand for healthcare in low and middle income countries, growing number of surgical operations around the world, rising number of increased preference of staplers over sutures, medical tourism in developing countries, growing technological advancements, growing popularity for cosmetic surgeries and increasing demand for minimally invasive procedures among others. However the market is restrained by high price of devices and alternative methods available for wound care.
The Middle East and Africa Surgical Staplers market is segmented on the basis of type into disposable stapler and reusable stapler segments. The reusable stapler segment is expected to have higher growth rate during forecast period.
Based on product, the market is segmented into manual surgical stapler and powered surgical stapler. Manual surgical stapler has the larger share among the two.
Based on end-user, the market is divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centres and clinics. Hospitals has the largest market share in this segment.
On the basis of application, the market is divided into Pelvis, Abdominal, Thoracic, Cardiac, Haemorrhoids, Paediatric, Cosmetic and General Surgery segments.
The region can be divided by geography broadly into Middle East and Africa. The market is experiencing initial stages of growth in the region.
Factors such as increasing prevalence for medical tourism, rising demand for minimally invasive procedures and increased preference for staplers over sutures is expected to drive the growth of this market in the region.
Some of the major players in the market include Ethicon Inc. (U.S.), Medtronic plc (Ireland), CONMED Corporation (U.S.), Smith & Nephew (U.K.), Purple Surgical Inc.
(U.K.), Intuitive Surgical Inc. (U.S.), Welfare Medical Ltd. (U.K.), Reach surgical Inc.
(China), Meril Life Science Pvt. Ltd. (India), Grena Ltd. (U.K.), B.
Braun Melsungen AG (Germany), Dextera Surgical Inc. (U.S.), Frankenman International (China), and Becton, Dickinson and Company (U.S.).
- Disposable Stapler
- Reusable Stapler
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Type
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Type
- Market Share Analysis, By Type
- Ma nual Surgical Stapler
- Powered Surgical Stapler
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Product
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Product
- Market Share Analysis, By Product
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By End Users
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By End Users
- Market Share Analysis, By End Users
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Application
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Application
- Market Share Analysis, By Application
Scope of the report :
- Regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
- Segment-level analysis in terms of technology, component, and type along with market size forecasts and estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of the effect of exogenous and endogenous factors that affect the global market; which includes broadly demographic, economics, and political, among other macro-environmental factors presented in an extensive PESTLE Analysis
- Study the micro environment factors that determine the overall profitability of an Industry, using Porter’s five forces analysis for analysing the level of competition and business strategy development
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with their product portfolio, current strategic interests, key financial information, legal issues, SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- An executive summary, abridging the entire report in such a way that decision-making personnel can rapidly become acquainted with background information, concise analysis and main conclusions
- Expertly devised analyst overview along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the areas of market research, business intelligence and consulting. We have rich experience in research and consulting for various business domains to cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. A few key business areas that we handle with excellence include business process improvement, corporate financing and decision making based on market research, assisting in developing appropriate strategy and providing consultancy based on extens ...
For more information: