Paytm is the leading alternative payment solution in India, accounting for 26% of total digital payment transaction volume in 2016.
- Advertising -
Owned by One97 Communications, Paytm initially began its operations as an e-commerce marketplace in India in 2010. In 2014 the company launched the Paytm Wallet, which can be now used for both online and in-store payments.
Funds can be loaded to the wallet via online banking, debit cards, and credit cards.
- Advertising -
The wallet, which was initially used only on Paytm’s own e-commerce platform, is now accepted across a number of online and physical merchants. It is now accepted by more than 4.5 million merchants in the country, including Big Bazaar, Mother Dairy, Pantaloons, Spencer’s, Croma, and Domino’s.
In addition to payments for purchases, the wallet can also be used for peer-to-peer (P2P) money transfers. It enables users to transfer money to recipients’ Paytm Wallet or bank account.
In August 2017, Paytm introduced a new feature on Android devices that enables users to send money to their mobile contacts directly without opening the Paytm app.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Paytm, including -
- Detailed insight into its business and geographical presence
- Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
- Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
- Information on its performance, including its revenue model
- The company's important events and milestones.
- Paytm initially began its operations as an e-commerce marketplace in India in 2010.
- In 2014 the company launched the Paytm Wallet, which can be now used for both online and in-store payments.
- In January 2017, Paytm received approval from the central bank to launch as a payments bank.
- In March 2017, launched Paytm Wallet in Canada.
Browse the complete report at www.orbisresearch.com/reports/inde…nt-solution-paytm .
Reasons to access
- Gain insights into Paytm's business operations, and key events.
- Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Factors Behind Success
Products & Services
Supporting Service Providers
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have a vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the gl obe. We specialize in delivering customised reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialisation. This helps our clients to map their need, and we produce the perfect requi ...
For more information: