Europe Molecular Cytogenetics Market By Product, By Technique, By Application, By End User And By Region-Industry Analysis,Size,Share,Growth,Trends and Forecast 2016 to 2021
- Advertising -
The Europe Molecular Cytogenetics market size was approximately USD 400 million in 2016. It is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 11.5 % to reach USD 690 million by 2021.
It commands the second largest market share of 26% globally.
Molecular biology and cytogenetics are the two major fields which are usually studied under the subject of molecular cytogenetics.
- Advertising -
The study of chromosomes is named as Cytogenetics. Molecular cytogenetics further analyses the genetic variations and alterations using in-situ hybridization techniques.
Browse more details at marketdataforecast.com/market-repo…tics-market-3225/
Increasing instances of inherited & genetic diseases conjoined with the rise in the in-time disease diagnostics are the major factors fuelling the growth of this market in the aforementioned forecast period. The advent of technologically enhanced entire genome screening techniques (which consist of chromosome microarray analysis and multiplex FISH) due to the technological advancements in the cytogenetic techniques for example, Comparative Genomic Hybridization (CGH) and the Fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH).
These high-throughput tools which are highly advanced, aid in diagnosing the therapeutic targets, such as, oncogenes which are implicated in tumorigenesis, along with determining the presence of chromosomal aberrations required for the diagnosis of genetic diseases which in turn helps in the growth of this market. Advent of rapid testing platforms required for the characterization of chromosomal aberrations with great precision coupled with the development of sensitive diagnostic tools will drive the growth of this market.
Genetic disorders take over 3000 infant lives per annum if we go by the data published by the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. Molecular diagnostic techniques for example, FISH and CGH are likely to witness greater penetration due to such high mortality rates.
Next Gen sequencing technology which allows for comprehensive and cheap analysis is another factor contributing to the development of this market.
The Europe Molecular Cytogenetics market can be categorized into four categories: by product, by technique, by application and by end user. On the basis of product, Europe Molecular Cytogenetics market is classified into Kits & Reagents, Instruments, Consumables, and Software & Services.
Kits and Reagents is further segmented into Testing Kits, Probes, Fluorescent Affinity Reagents and Other Kits & Reagents. If we go by technique, Europe Molecular Cytogenetics market is segmented into Comparative Genomic Hybridization, Fluorescence in Situ Hybridization, In Situ Hybridization, and Other Techniques.
The CGH technology category commands the largest market share of approximately 53% and is estimated to retain its leading position over the aforementioned forecast period. Rising levels of awareness regarding the CGH techniques in molecular biology is likely to raise patient acceptance and widen the application horizon in molecular diagnostics.
In addition, effective cancer diagnosis because of the characterization of novel diagnostic biomarkers coupled with the development of high-resolution, genetic testing platforms which diagnose constitutional and acquired diseases are vital to the growth of this market segment.
Rising number of applications regarding the detection of complex chromosomal arrangements using multicolour FISH techniques and SNP-array analysis is another one of the contributing factors for the growth of this segment. Further, Comparative Genomic Hybridization is segmented into Array-Based Comparative Genomic Hybridization and Standard Comparative Genomic Hybridization.
In addition, on the basis of application the market can be categorized into Genetic Disorders, Cancer, Personalised Medicine, and Other Applications. Cancer was the biggest application category in terms of revenue as per the data of 2014 accounting for over 42% of the overall molecular cytogenetics market.
Rising cases of various types of cancer coupled with the rising demand for high-throughput diagnostic tools is expected to boost the usage rate of the molecular cytogenetic technologies over the aforementioned forecast period. Personalized medicine segment is poised to widen the therapeutic horizons in delivering enhanced, molecularly guided therapies, and precise monitoring of disease progression thereby leading to the growth of this market segment.
Last but not the least, on the basis of end user the market is segmented into Clinical & Research Laboratories, Academic Research Institutes, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies and Other End Users.
By geography, the Europe Molecular Cytogenetics market has been categorized into UK, Spain, Germany, France and other countries. It has the second largest market share.
UK is the leading market in this region. Active involvement from the social organizations such as the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and the funding that they provide which presently is nearly 300 research programs for the development of novel techniques used in the diagnosis of cancer.
These techniques are estimated to set the market in this region on a high growth trajectory.
Affymetrix, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Illumina, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Applied Spectral Imaging, Inc., and Thermo Fisher Scientific (Life Technologies), Inc. are some major players operating in the molecular cytogenetics market.
Market Segmentation :
4) End User
Scope of the Report:
- Regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
- Segment-level analysis in terms of technology, component, and type along with market size forecasts and estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of the effect of exogenous and endogenous factors that affect the global market; which includes broadly demographic, economics, and political, among other macro-environmental factors presented in an extensive PESTLE Analysis
- Study the micro environment factors that determine the overall profitability of an Industry, using Porter’s five forces analysis for analysing the level of competition and business strategy development
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with their product portfolio, current strategic interests, key financial information, legal issues, SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- An executive summary, abridging the entire report in such a way that decision-making personnel can rapidly become acquainted with background information, concise analysis and main conclusions
- Expertly devised analyst overview along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the areas of market research, business intelligence and consulting. We have rich experience in research and consulting for various business domains to cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. A few key business areas that we handle with excellence include business process improvement, corporate financing and decision making based on market research, assisting in developing appropriate strategy and providing consultancy based on extens ...
For more information: