The Global Whey Protein Ingredients Market size was around USD 8.5 billion in 2016. It is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.5% to reach USD 13.38 billion by 2021. Whey protein ingredients are globular proteins isolated from whey (the liquid material obtained as a by-product of cheese production). Consumers are widely adopting these ingredients for high protein content in contrast to soy, egg, and other milk-based proteins. Whey proteins are consumed globally as dietary supplements owing to various health claims associated with them
Whey protein is commonly utilized for improving lipid profile glucose levels and insulin response, thereby promoting arterial stiffness and a reduction in blood pressure. Moreover, whey protein concentration is regulated by the addition of denatured powder to provide balanced nutrition for the infants.
Furthermore, these ingredients reduce hepatic cholesterol levels among the elderly.
View full report at www.marketdataforecast.com/market-…ents-market-3894/
Growth in popularity of whey supplements among youngsters and emergence of whey protein-based paediatric milk formulations coupled with advancements in production technologies are some of the key factors that drive the market growth.
Factors like potential health benefits of dairy nutritional and nutraceutical ingredients, high demand for milk-based ingredients in skin and hair care cosmetics, and easy availability of caseins and caseinate drive the global whey protein ingredients market. Moreover, whey protein isolates are estimated to witness rapid adoption in sports nutrition (protein shakes), frozen foods (processed meat), packaging, and bakery & confectionery (bakery muffins) applications.
In addition, surge in demand for the ingredients in meat products, poultry, and fish on account of its water binding capacity further drives the market growth.
However, undefined regulatory guidelines, fluctuating milk prices, as well as issues associated with increase in number of diseases among animals are some of the key elements anticipated to hamper the growth of the market during the forecast period.
The global whey protein ingredients market is segmented based on type and application. On the basis of type, the market is classified into whey protein concentrates, whey protein isolates, demineralized whey, and hydrolysed whey protein.
The whey protein concentrates segment is further sub-categorized into whey protein concentrate 80 and whey protein concentrate 35. On the basis of application, the market is categorized into dairy products & frozen foods, sports nutrition, bakery & confectionery, beverages, meat products, medicine, and others (infant nutrition and personal care products).
The whey protein concentrate segment dominated the global market in 2016, and is anticipated to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The whey protein concentrate segment is projected to grow at a significant CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period.
The global whey protein ingredients market is analysed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. North America commanded a considerable whey protein ingredients market share of the total revenue in 2015, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Developing economies in Asia-Pacific region such as Korea, China, and India are anticipated to witness a significant growth rate owing to increase in consumption of sports nutrition and whey protein-based beverages and confectionery products. In addition, increase in investments by pharmaceutical giants in R&D on the use of ingredients for specific medicinal formulations is another key element that fuels the growth of the market.
The major companies in the global whey protein ingredients market include Hilmar Cheese Company, Arla Foods, Cargill Incorporation, Fonterra Co-Operative Group Ltd, Carberry food ingredients, Glanbia plc, Davisco Food International, Maple Island Incorporation, Dairy Farmers of America, and Milk Specialities Global. Minor companies in the global whey protein ingredients market include Foremost Farms, Kerry group, Valio Ltd, DMK Group, Westland Milk, Agropur MSI, Axiom Foods Incorporation, Amco proteins, Archer Daniels Midland Company, and CHS Incorporation.
- Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
- WPC 80
- WPC 35
- Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
- Hydrolyzed Whey Protein (HWP)
- Demineralized Whey Protein (DWP)
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Type
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Type
- Market Share Analysis, By Type
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Dairy Products and Frozen Foods
- Sports Nutrition
- Meat Products
- Others (Personal Care and Infant nutrition)
- Y-o-Y Growth Analysis, By Application
- Market Attractiveness Analysis, By Application
- Market Share Analysis, By Application
Scope of the report :
- Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
- Segment-level analysis in terms by type, packaging and meat type along with market size forecasts and estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of the effect of exogenous and endogenous factors that affect the global market; which includes broadly demographic, economic and political, among other macro-environmental factors presented in an extensive PESTLE Analysis
- Study the micro environment factors that determine the overall profitability of an Industry, using Porter’s five forces analysis for analyzing the level of competition and business strategy development
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with their product portfolio, current strategic interests, key financial information, legal issues, SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- An executive summary, abridging the entire report in such a way that decision-making personnel can rapidly become acquainted with background information, concise analysis and main conclusions
- Expertly devised analyst overview along with Investment opportunities to provide both individuals and organizations a strong financial foothold in the market
Category: Market Research Publishers and RetailersCompany profile: Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the areas of market research, business intelligence and consulting. We have rich experience in research and consulting for various business domains to cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients. A few key business areas that we handle with excellence include business process improvement, corporate financing and decision making based on market research, assisting in developing appropriate strategy and providing consultancy based on extens ...
For more information:Make an Inquiry about this report HERE!